Pinball Ride first video clip, game coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by massivefinger, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 massivefinger, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Pinball Ride is a pinball game that lets you compete against Facebook friends.
    http://massivefinger.com
    http://twitter.com/massivefinger

We've just submitted the game to Apple for approval, and we are preparing a really nice trailer to present the features in the game.

Here is the first video of the game :

The video is really really short :p, it's a footage clip from the trailer.

Here are more screens from the game, if you didn't see it already :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game Features :
    * Pinball simulation with a realistic feel.
    * Fast 3D graphics, and amazing sound effects.
    * Unique table with original universe and storyline about racing.
    * Illustrated progression and original soundtrack.
    * Various challenges and modes including multi-balls.
    * Unlockable achievements.
    * Online competition with Facebook friends.
    * Stories publishable on Facebook through the game.

We have a cool universe but we also focused on the controls and the online services for the first release of the game, something that is hard to show in the video or a trailer, so you will have to wait a little more for that :)

The game will be released with a Free version.

Please tell us what you think. And feel free to ask questions.

[edit] fixed the screenshots urls.

2. lostamerican13

lostamerican13 Active Member

Sep 21, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I can't wait to try the lite version when it hits the itunes store, this looks promising with the driver/transporter theme. Great layout too.

3. floyd

floyd Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Looks cool - but its a short video...

I'd really like to see something with the depth of the old Balls of Steel PC pinball, or the Timeshock stuff hit iPhone. Of course at 99c thats asking too much, but I'd pay a fair bit more for detailed pinball.

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    The table is definitly unique and really intrigues me. I would love to see more gameplay vid as of what I saw didn't show me much other than being able to have multiple balls

5. That's great if you are intrigued by the storyline.

The story is about a business man arriving in a city where people from the elite society are racing for their honor. You can see this universe as Fast and Furious meets the Upper Class Society. I won't give too much about the events, you'll discover them with the game :)

How about the online features ?

The idea is that the pinball genre is pretty well known and a lot of people would be willing to try this kind game, especially non core gamers. If you're having a good time with the game, do you feel you could suggest the game to some of you friends (even non core gamers) ?
    Also, how do you feel about competing with your friends ?
    Do you already play competitive games on the iPhone or on Facebook/MySpace, what do you like in it ?
    We've put high score ranking and achievements and it really worked well on our betas, so what do you think ?

These are just some questions to start a discussion :)

6. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Since I own a touch I'm not too keen on online features but I know many will want some.

Competing against friends sound great on paper and if it worked out well in the betas then that sounds great.

I prefer not spamming on social network sites but if implemented keep them optional.

I'm curious with online feature you used as an example openfeint?

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Personally I'm not too fussed... but almost every game that gets released without a leaderboard gets flooded with requests for one. Also integration with either OpenFeint, Plus+ etc... I think more people favour those over Facebook and Twitter since they're iPhone/Touch specific.

8. The game is using the Facebook platform only, and if you don't have a facebook account you can still have a profile that is saved online to keep track of your progression.

We started our online development before Plus+ or OpenFeint where available or even announced. So it was hard to change to something else.

Also, the game comes with a Facebook app to provide a profile box or see the ranking from outside the game. Having our own Facebook App allows flexibility to add more services without submitting a new version to Apple which is quite cool. If the community is asking for more, we'll develop and deploy services much more easily.

Thanks for the feedback.

9. Graphically it looks excellent. The table looks rather sparse though, and the video doesn't really go into much in the way of useful detail, it's more a teaser than anything.

10. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    #10 dogmeat, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    I'll definitely be checking this one out, thanks to BOARDUMB for pointing me to this thread.