MeowWalker coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by robotsymphony, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robotsymphony

robotsymphony Member

Oct 22, 2009
    We just submitted our first iPhone game, MeowWalker, to the App Store:

[​IMG]

MeowWalker brings an addictive action game to the iPhone and iPod Touch starring a stylish cat who knows all your favorite dance moves. Designed exclusively for the iPhone, tilt and swipe your way to success as you try to impress the crowd. Survive level after level by wowing the crowd with your moves, dancing under spotlights, and deflecting projectiles thrown by hecklers. Compete with your friends AND the world for the highest score as levels progress into a frenzy!

Features:
    • Beautiful hand-drawn cartoon graphics and animation
    • Intuitive controls that combine tilting and swiping into a kinetic experience
    • OpenFeint integration for online leaderboards and achievements. Compete with the world for the highest score and the most "licking"!
    • MeowWalker Radio, an innovative feature that selects songs from your iPod library that complement the game. Make sure you have your favorite Michael Jackson songs ready :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have lots of new features in development and would love to hear what the community would like us to add to the game.

For more details, see our website:

http://www.robotsymphony.com/

2. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #2 arkanigon, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    wow! this looks really fun! I'll be getting this!

Does the cat change costumes in the game itself? I want to see the cat dancing in the Smooth Criminal suit! :D

What if we don't have any MJ songs in our ipod?

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Can you do this in game:

[​IMG]

4. robotsymphony

robotsymphony Member

Oct 22, 2009
    In our initial release, you only have the Thriller suit, but we're working on costumes and backdrops for new levels. Here's some concept art for different suits we're considering:

[​IMG]

Which do you like the best? Is your favorite MJ look missing?

As for music, we have MJ-like music in the game for those that don't have the real deal on their iPod. I do suggest you load up a few songs if you've got em', because it adds quite a bit to the experience :)

5. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Awesome robotsymphony! :D I like those sketches!

It would be cool if you could also have the Billy Jean look from the 1983 Motown 25th anniversary performance...

I think the Bad video costume would also be neat... :)

6. robotsymphony

robotsymphony Member

Oct 22, 2009
    suits

Nice suggestions! We'll see what we can do :)

I'll also note that these future levels will use MeowWalker Radio to seek out the appropriate track for each look we give the main character (of course it picks other ones if you dont have exactly the tracks). So if you want your favorite tracks featured in a level, lets find the right iconic look for them :)

7. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    I was amused by the video. I can see though that all that meowing could get really annoying in no time at all.

8. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Too soon?

Ah who cares. He was a pedophile.

9. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #9 nodoctors, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    you do realize that he was acquitted the first time due to the lack of actual evidence, and that the second time was blatant extortion, right? i don't even like michael jackson and i think it's obvious how messed up people would use their children to pull in millions(22 million on first case) in this sue happy nation. the father in the first case went on record to say that how this situation affected his child was "irrelevant to me" as long as he got what he wanted. nice guy. as for the second case, gee, let's let our kids sleep with michael after that famous case where he allegedly molested another child. that's not fishy at all. but hey, maybe he did do it. we can never say for sure.

that said, this game is missing a cat that turns into a car and beeps for bonus points under the spotlight.

10. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Well besides all the controversy with him...this game does look interesting and would to see the a vid for smooth criminal

11. caubetocdaido

caubetocdaido Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I like MJ , Like it . I will buy it when out :X

12. robotsymphony

robotsymphony Member

Oct 22, 2009
  13. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Became a fan. I'm looking forward to this game, since MJ was the reason I began hip hop dancing as well.

14. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Wow, you got rights to MJ's IP?