Do you uninstall games that hound you to integrate with Facebook?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I sure as hell do. The 2nd time I get asked to share with your friends on Facebook, it gets deleted.

Just for kicks, though, I recently installed a game, and I didn't uninstall on the 2nd attempt. Instead, I let it keep asking..... No lie, I think it asked me no less than 10 times in 10 minutes. It didn't seem like it was ever going to stop asking, and I saw no way to stop it from asking, so of course I deleted it.

I wonder, how many people get hounded that don't even have facebook accounts.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I do as well, no doubt we are a pretty tiny minority though. I even just dumped whatsapp for BBM just based on facebook buying them.

3. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    BBM?

I had DL'd what's app the Fay before FB bought them..... Have not opened it yet.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Blackberry Messenger I figured since it's the one Whatsapp originally copied I'd give it a chance also like the idea of the free calling between BBM users.

Have to admit it's taking some getting used to though I prefered the Whatsapp interface maybe I'll follow the crowd and give Telegram a try.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I cant stand the way apps want you to spam your twitter/facebook accounts with their dire marketing.

Said it before, if any of my friends on facebook start having constant updates of 'i scored 30 on xxxxx, why dont you download it?' crap marketing messages i delete them.

Same for any apps, i'm not spamming your game on twitter or facebook for a few virtual coins. Most games i install dont nag you too much but its still frustrating.

6. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    It's not a GUARANTEED uninstall, but it sure as hell pushes me that direction.

7. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    If the game is good enough, I think I can tolerate a few Facebook invitations. But I prefer that they don't.

8. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    No... I mean the game is hounding you to invite your friends.

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hell yeah! And I'm one of those that doesn't use any Facebook or any of that, too! And even if I did, why would I wanna pester my friends with any gaming BS when they wouldn't appreciate that? Also, the type of apps/games that suddenly pop up while I'm doing something else prompting me to come back 'now' piss me off and get the boot! Man, I HATE that crap! :cool:

10. Phairdon

Phairdon Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Oh hell yeah, If there is even a hint of the game wanting Facebook integration in order to play, I don't even download it. If they snuck it on me and I downloaded it and then find the Facebook request, I uninstall right away.

It's a shame too, because there have been several apps that I wanted to play but they want Facebook for multiplayer instead of Gamecenter. Oh well, probably for the best!

Also, I don't think we are in a too small minority, because all my friends at work are the same way.

11. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I would if I ever installed any.

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010