RPG's like Inotia2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Osmiral, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm close to finishing Inotia 2 and I'm wondering if there are any other good rpgs like it, I tried the lite versions of both zenonias and didn't like either, nor did I like the first Inotia. Thanks.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #2 backtothis, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Across Age (best action RPG IMO)
    Itarus
    Axion
    Seed 2
    Legend of Master

Hybrid 1/2 (different style)
    Demon Hunter (different style)

Hmm, I loved the Zenonia series..meh.

Some turn based ones:
    Rimelands
    Final Fantasy 1/2
    Chaos Rings
    Crimson Gem Saga
    Ash

Ask if you need details on anything.

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I am usually more into action RPGs like Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Inotia 2, Illusia, etc. but Crimson Gem Saga does look quite good and it has caught my attention. Would someone new to turn based combat RPGs be able to pick up the combat system in Crimson Gem Saga fairly well?

And being that I loved the Zenonias, would I like Itarus?

Thanks for the help!

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    You might also like EA's Hero's Lore 3 and the new(ish) Chronicles of Inotia games. Both pretty good, and Hero's Lore is only $.99 cents so get at it.

Also Crimson Gem Saga is awesome, though not sure if you would like it much if you are into the games more you mentioned. It's easy to pick up and play but still frustrates me at time as it gets pretty difficult.

5. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    itarus is a good rpg game.
    Queen's crown is as good too if come2us dont force us buy those stupid IAPs (i never have enough rooms for those f**king items.)

and seriously, stay away from heroes lore 3. this is the only rpg game i wanted to delete off my iphone. total rubbish.

almost forgot the unholy legend of master, that game lags like hell and is unplayable. but u might have a chance to see it goes free again.

6. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #6 gospel9, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    That depends what you like. Inotia 2 is still quite unique in the sense that it has a very good balanced 3 person party control system, with mechanics like tanking, healing, and auto-attacks etc (those of us who played WoW would feel right at home). Its party system makes Secret of Mana look really really dated.

The game's drops are also very rich and rewarding. Even though the story absolutely sucked, the game's combat was very rich and the difficulty scales well enough that it didn't feel boring unlike most other RPGs.

If you are thinking along those lines, then I am afraid there's currently no similar RPG title on the app store. Queen's Crown is an entirely different game.

On the other hand If you just want to play a long RPG with a lot of quests and equipment, then you might want to check out Illusia or Demon Hunter.

Edit: By the way Inotia 3 is coming out just around the corner! Let's just hope that Com2us go easy with the IAPs this time around.

7. Shanatenay

Shanatenay Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I'm a fan of the Zenonia style action rpg's as well, but I bought Chaos Rings the day it game out because I love the Squareenix graphics.

As someone who REALLY does not like turn-based games, I've enjoyed Chaos Rings because it's easy for me to play in small doses.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I really hope the storylines aren't connected between 2 and 3 lol.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #9 undeadcow, Dec 28, 2010
    RPG-site.com has a good general list of Ipod RPGs to browse through (although it is missing several items like Guardian Soul, Terra, Chronicles of Zic, Doom RPG, etc).

10. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #10 Touchgamer3g, Dec 28, 2010
    I am looking forward to Inotia 3 since I loved the 2nd.

Between Itarus, Terra, Heroes Lore 3, and Seed 2, which one is best overall?

11. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I will take a look at these and add them if appropriate!