i need ideas for a new unique app

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iStephen, Jun 10, 2009.

1. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    i would like to gather ideas from TA members. I want to make a game of some sort, but i dont want it to be just another blah. There are so many different types of the same game.

GO!

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    I think the better way would be to ask yourself "What kinds of games aren't needed in the app store".
    Too many TDs, match 3s, time-management games already.

3. touchme

touchme Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Bay Area
    port prototype to the iphone :D

4. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    It doesn't matter if there are a lot of the same genre as long as you can come up with some new twists to it in your game that sets it apart.

5. I have two apps that would be great clones...strategy. Keep begging for them but I'm guessing it'll take two years before we see them. Think they'd be great games on the iphone. Can't Stop and Quoridor just make clones of those. With 3.0 OS it's easy to use bluetooth to discover two ipod devices and 2 player is possible.

6. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    Exactly. Those genres became crowded for a reason - they're popular, and people enjoy them. While I always enjoy a truly unique game, there's always room for more in any given genre. For example, Exorcist came up with an entirely unique concept, while still sticking to the general match-4 genre. ;)

7. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    Just to let you know, I would like to make a pick up and play game. I'm really liking the graphics that Doodle Jump and Parachute Panic use, so try to imagine a game like that art style. Maybe this will help you think of some ideas.

8. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Make the best FPS Game on the iPhone.:cool: You make that for me you have yoor self a great deal of $$$....By FPS I mean like, BIA,Terminater Salvation, something like that, a 3rds person shooter or first person shooter either or. You do that and you have yourself 15$ fomr my iTunes Account. :rolleyes:

9. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Games that are like these?
    Are they called Battle Royales?...
    [​IMG]

10. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    An FPS or a third person sandbox game.

11. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Some kind of top down shooter, but make it like battlefield style. Or better yet... side scrolling, battlefield style.

Something like Soldat...

What makes Soldat and GeneRally so great is the community. There are TONS of mods, maps (tracks for GeneRally), and cars available for download.

12. friendlytoaster

friendlytoaster Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Programmer
    Chicago
    How about a match 3 TD with time-management aspects? Maybe you upgrade the towers by swapping 3 similar ones together, and they shoot pies at hungry customers who leave you tips . . . . .

or maybe not

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Something that gives you telekinetic abilities! I'd honestly make one myself but I don't know how with my software :(

14. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Haha maybe it is a good idea ;)

15. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    If you're really good at game making... I suggest a game like SOCOM (third person shooting game, if you want to know the controls that could work for the iphone, i can help) or a mmorpg. If you arn't that good, I suggest you create a rts, World War 2 style, control land, sea, and air/sea and air. Kinda like Battlestations: pacific.

16. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Make a unique platformer. Drawn to Life is a fun DS platformer where you draw your characters, tools, and parts of the levels. I'd love to see a similar concept.

17. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    There's already a shooter like that called wifi warfare, its online multiplayer also

18. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Member

May 12, 2009
    #18 HP Sauce, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    (this post was removed)

19. Ksmart

Ksmart Member

Mar 17, 2009
    School
    Baton Rouge, Lousiana
    How about a rail shooter, or something I was thinking of called a Rail Slicer.

Rail Slicers are played by dragging/tapping/holding directions shown on the screen. I can't really show you it, but I can draw a picture for you. BTW, try to have it in a 3rd person view, with loads of action. It would excite the audience.

P.S. - I cannot draw. The words say "Drag finger on area".

Attached Files:

20. Ksmart

Ksmart Member

Mar 17, 2009
    School
    Baton Rouge, Lousiana
    Or try to make something similiar to Gauntlet (Midway Game) with wifi online features(?).