Special Force 2 Mobile - (FPS) - (by Dragonfly GF CO., LTD) - (Unreal Engine 3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Jan 15, 2013.

1. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    #1 clever_bug, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    An Unreal Engine 3-powered FPS game coming soon to iOS & Android in 2013 by Dragonfly (a Korean game studio). It is the mobile version of Special Force 2 - the popular MMOFPS on PC.

[​IMG]

Official screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Official website: http://www.dfl.co.kr/Mobile/games/game_contents.aspx?gn=sf2m.

2. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Looks pretty bland.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How is this bland? It looks sweet.

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Looks really good from what I can tell from the screenshots. Hopefully their control scheme will be similar to Gameloft's. The red dot in the third screenshot throws me off though. Perhaps it's for interaction with the object.

5. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    This!

6. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Oh google translate..

"Unreal Engine3 developed excellent graphics and easy operability, anyone can enjoy FPS games easily.
    The other hand, is the protagonist of the film through a scenario consisting of a total of seven episodes Get

Episode1 new weapons, neutron bombs
    (SLM) is committed to operations 'Ghost' reclaimed 'neutron bomb' secretly received an order to return to mobilization.
    Victor 'neutron bomb' during operations, but are deprived of the power of death.

Episode2 the beginning of a conspiracy
    Committed to the 'phantom' operations on the same day the goal is to find the 'M20 Anaconda was being transported enclosed propeller to recover, but by dolomite gangjunhyeok
    Mission failed, and are caught as a prisoner.

Episode3 who enjoys murder
    Victor dolomite at the launch of the S & L Corporation building code so that you can find everyone brutally dominated by SAM Company Building
    Helps support fire and killed.

Episode4 escape and vowed
    Prisoner tried to escape and in the process dramatically, having gained gangjunhyeok is the revenge of the SLM.

Episode5 important clues
    Obtained details of the dolomite gangjunhyeok slipped into the Sky Tower. Dangerous plan they arrived at the office, but there was no dolomite
    Know that it is running.

Episode6 unsung hero
    Jeontim M20 propeller stolen neutron bomb "missile base" to launch a surprise attack.
    However, by Victor, killed two crew, and found gangjunhyeok replaced, with the help of the Park, Sang overpowered.

Episode7 counterattack of anger
    Awesome neutron bombs have escaped dolomite gangjunhyeok Sues Crashed helicopter near the hideout of dolomite, but managed to escape.
    Successful chase in the middle of Park, Sang, and died trying to save gangjunhyeok gangjunhyeok overpowered by the dolomite to recover the neutron bomb."

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    can't say anthing from screens,need to see a video:rolleyes:

8. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #8 sicksilvo, Jan 15, 2013
    Exactly, but from what i read the game is just starting to be developed. I know it says "coming soon"

"Since Special Force II Online start the service on 11st, August, it is popular and it ranked in 2nd in FPS game ranking in Korea. There are two big updates and an e-sports event 'Super League' since it releases. Recently, the game developer announced that they agreed with Epic Games to use Unreal Engine 3(PC version use the same engine to develop) for developing the mobile version of Special Force II, we don't know whether mobile version has same content as PC version or not, but if there is a mobile version of Special Force II, it is worth waiting. Let's waiting the good news."

From Dragonfly Game/developer site:
    "Special Force2 Mobile is an advanced mobile game equipped with movie-like realistic graphics and real shooting impact by utilizing the UNREAL ENGINE 3.Dragonfly grafts its experience and state-of-the-art technology into this game"

Under "development" part, they have NEW SPECIAL FORCE SERIES (title undecided) planned by the looks of it

I don't know what to make of this xD
    "The games will be held next month, the shelves, players can look like oh."

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #9 Primoz, Jan 15, 2013
    Huh? Is that a crosshair in the third screenshot (on the guys head)? It looks like one, but it doesn't really make sense... It's not aligned with the rifle... Or maybe it's just me.

Edit: or its just aim auto-aim

[​IMG]

So, if its auto aim, I think that the gun should move around too (like in COD Zombies, for example) and not just the crosshair.

10. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    #10 clever_bug, Jan 15, 2013
    From what I know, the game has been developed since 2011. Why? The original source of your first quote is here: http://koreangamers.com/2011/10/11/special-force-2-mobile-coming/. As you can see, the article was posted on October 2011.

Therefore, the sentence "Recently, the game developer announced that they agreed with Epic Games to use Unreal Engine 3" means that the game has been developed since Oct 2011, not "is just starting to be developed." In fact, the game was originally scheduled to be released in Q4 2012. You can read this article: http://english.hankyung.com/news/apps/news.view?c1=03&nkey=201207251634061.

However, the release date was later pushed back to February 2013. That why the source of your third quote has said (via Google Translate): "The games will be held next month, the shelves, players can look like oh." (The article in the source has just been posted today.)

Btw, NEW SPECIAL FORCE SERIES is a totally different series of Special Force games. I don't think Special Force 2 Mobile is a part of that series.