Infinity Blade Plot

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slusho, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Slusho

Slusho Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I just beat the God King (I haven't played Infinity Blade II so no spoilers) and I have a few questions (besides the fact that nothing makes sense). Why does it end (ignoring the whole thing you can do later with the pedestal) with you finding the tech and then it goes to 22 years later and your son is going to avenge you? You killed the God King and found this stuff, and you suddenly die and the God King comes back? And why does the God King sit around all day waiting for you to come kill him and then say "Too bad you didn't kill me. Maybe your kids will!" like he wants to die. And why is he such a terrible person if he's trying to kill the even worse people? And does the second game get into more of the sci-fi stuff?

2. BlindingLights

BlindingLights Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
  3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah book is probably the best option for working out what is going on I've read it myself I found it shortish but not bad and after I understood the game world a lot better.

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    True story. The game world as explained in the book is quite well written.

That said, there is no "Reason" as to why do you go back to the start after beating the God King. As such, the only point of the first game is to beat the God King. So what do you do after you finish a game? Restart it, right? There is an added inventive for collectors who might keep doing that to buy Infinity Blade eventually. Also, the later God King's become really strong so battles become more difficult.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #5 backtothis, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    Finally deleted the first game today, over a year later. Totaled about 50-75 bloodlines I think. Tons of multiplayer matches too. Not too far into the second game yet. Haven't touched it after playing it on debut day. Keep wanting to read the book before I get into it..so I'm download iBooks and the sample now. Hope it's good.

Edit: Took me 7 minutes to finish the sample, so I'm guessing the entire book won't even last me 45 minutes? The writing is incredibly basic, and there's virtually no depth. A wikipedia summary might be the better choice vs. buying the full version, lol. At least, that's the impression I'm getting from the sample, which is 1/5 of the whole book, page-wise.

Meh, I'll buy the full version. Need a reason to justify my all-nighter during my 5th day of break, lol. Going to finish it up in one sitting. Will finally be able to bring myself to play the rest of IB2 once I get through. Really hoping the book picks up in pace/quality.

Oh shit, just kidding. Lmfao. The whole book is 419 pages in the font-size I was reading in. Sorry guys, first time using iBooks. My bad. Alright, that's good news then. May still finish the book in one sitting though, lol.

6. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Hey. Can you PM me the ending please, if you have downloaded it. I don't have access to paid books on iTunes in my country so had to get a pirated version. Hated doing that, but it was either that, or no book at all. Pirated books are always suspect, so would be nice to know my version ended where the actual book ends.

It took me about an hour and a half to finish it btw. So it's not a long book by any means.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I fell asleep 1/3 of the way through, damnit lol. It was 7:30 AM. All-nightering on the bed with a book doesn't work too well. Either way, the book has gotten a lot better. Will try to finish it tonight. Alright, pming you now.

8. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    Just finished the second game, loved the story of it, won't spoilt it for u all

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The book was quite short, but overall very enjoyable. It exceeded my expectations at least, having never read a video game inspired novel. IBA definitely picked up after the sample was over, which I clearly wasn't too big a fan of, lol. Went through 50-75 bloodlines of IB since buying it on debut day, and finally deleted it two days ago. Didn't want play too much of IB2 before reading the book after hearing all the positive impressions on it. Now, I'm definitely ready, and very pumped, to play through IB2. The novel leaves off at a very appropriate place. Looking forward to the next installment as well. I knew the summary of the book after playing three rebirths on IB2, but it definitely cleared a lot of things up in the last few chapters. Lol, somehow I kept thinking Isa would hook up with (fall for) Ausar throughout the read. Maybe next time. But yeah, can't wait to play through the game now.