Looking for a game that's quick to open/close

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by malohkan, Jul 22, 2009.

1. malohkan

malohkan Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I'm looking for a game that I can easily jump in and out of, while still feeling like I'm getting somewhere or accomplishing something. Meaning, if I find I need to close the game immediately and walk away, I want to be able to press the Home button, but the next time I load the game, be still right where I left off with no penalty.

I think I want some sort of RPG that autosaves upon exit perhaps. Car Jack Streets is pretty close in that there's sort of a sense that you're 'getting somewhere' in the game, but whenever I close the game without spending 2 minutes running back home, I lose all weapons. Pretty lame.

Any good suggestions? Thanks!

2. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I'm sorry to say but that's just about every game out there....lol. Download Galcon. There's a solution

3. malohkan

malohkan Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    That is a neat game, but unfortunately doesn't satisfy my first sentence: "while still feeling like I'm getting somewhere or accomplishing something". You beat a level, and you're back to the home screen. Nothing gained, no progress.

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Defender Chronicles...you will always need to get more xp to level your hero and you'll be wanting to earn tokens to buy better equipment...and yes, you can be in the middle of a map and it will resume later.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Dragonbane II

Dragonbane II does exactly that - click the home button, and when you click on DBII it goes exactly back to where you started.

It's an old-school Bards Tale/Might & Magic type of game, decent story and a lot of gameplay for $3. Graphics haven't changed since it came out on Palm OS...

6. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Harbor Master

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  8. donner

donner Well-Known Member

Yes - drop7, but it has no RPG elements. I would reccomend THE QUEST by chillingo / redshift. SUPER good old school RPG that will last you around 50 hours + an expansion pack and they just announced a sequel on the forums today.

you can jump in + out without any problem and it actually loads up + shuts down as quick as any app ive seen without losing any progress.

Of course you have to appreciate the old school western style RPG to get into it, but its definately a meaty game.

9. malohkan

malohkan Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Cool thanks for the suggestions all! What about Zenonia? How does it compare to "The Quest", "Dragonbane II" and "Defender Chronicles"?

10. P3Z

P3Z Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Slough, England
  11. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Go for THE QUEST if you want an RPG, it "autosaves" if you turn off the iPod or go to the home screen, but if you die, you'll want to have saved because or else you have to start from your previous save.

Try the lite version first though, but I love that game. It's like Oblivion for the iPod!

Another games is Zombies vs. Sheep. It's just pure awesomeness!

12. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    i dont know if you feel like you actually get somewhere with it, but POCKET GOD is easy to quickly jump in and out of...:p

13. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Thirty One does this :)

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I was going to suggest PathPix, but that's not exactly an RPG

15. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Puzzlequest might be just what you're looking for. It has rpg elements and you can play and quit whenever. And it's addicting! Check it out! Has over 40 hours of gameplay.

16. malohkan

malohkan Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    So far Zenonia and Defender Chronicles have been perfectly what I've been looking for. Hours of gameplay that always puts you further along than you were before, and the ability to close the game within seconds and not lose any progress.

Additionally, I also picked up PathPix Lite, was super impressed and quickly bought the full version.

On the downside, PuzzleQuest only let me reach the 2nd quest before crashing on me. Every time I try to reload the game and try again, it just crashes again. Not sure what to do about that. I also got The Quest Lite to try, but was instantly lost with no idea of what to do or where to go. That's kind of turned me off of it. It did remind me of the old school Might and Magic which I absolutely loved, so I don't want to count it out just yet.

All in all, I've got some great games that really make me happy. Thanks everyone!!

17. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    [app]Blue Defense![/app]