glow doodle jump- an obvious bulls*it clone o current #1 seller app

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Aspargusman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Aspargusman

Aspargusman Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
  2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Old news.

There's eleventy-billion Doodle Jump clones on the device, even this one's been out for some time...

3. mactds

mactds Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    LA
    The saddest part is Doodle Jump is just a copy of Papi Jump, and an especially similar copy of Papi Jump Plus. Hopefully Lima Sky send some profits to Sunflat.

4. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #4 sid187, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    yeah people think doodle jump was first cause its at the top. heh.

but to be honest there is room for all kinds of jumping games. i have about 6.. and ill play them when im in the doctors office. i would get so bored if all i had was doodle jump.

well just picked it up. i like the fact you can play it in landscape or portrate. the music is horrible. so muted! laughs. the neon colors are nice for a chance for a bit. will add it to the other hand full of my jumping games. if you are the dev. get some new music! lol
    chris.

5. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Any other impressions of this game ?

6. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    There are some doodle jump clones, but this one just blatantly calls itself "Glow Doodle Jump". Sure, Doodle Jump was based on Papi Jump, but the devs of Doodle made it work out and play better than Papi, since it was much more unique... This one is just a blatant copy.

7. a128

a128 Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Son

Doodle Jump is a copy of Papi Jump...the game mechanic (which is the core of any game) is the same. period.

But..welcome to the game industry.

Sure Doodle Jump did not credited the Papi Jump designer....which is legal...since if you develop a game....then you have (C) to youre game incl. assets...source code and so on...but no (C) on the game play.....so Lima Sky did somethink legal I guess.

The US gov says it so..and here in EUR it's the same

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html

They should pay Papi Jump some amount if they where cool