Universal Cosmic Express (by Draknek Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BlackEyedGamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #21 Misguided, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    I just cleared it, but I spent a good while on it yesterday. Sometimes, it's best to walk away and the answer comes more easily when you return.

Btw, if the dev is watching this thread, the sound volume is much too low.

2. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    You know, I think A Good Snowman was unfortunately overlooked by a lot of people because of its cuteness and the seasonal theme. That was a serious puzzler with heaps of charm.
    I know these devs are very capable, and I hope they get more attention with this game.

3. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Will do. Thanx for the advice

4. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Loving this! As much as I enjoy the gameplay, I enjoy the little touches the devs have put into the game even more, like the branching level unlocks so you always have something to work on. I've also never seen (I suppose this is a mild spoiler)
    puzzle levels with two solutions, each of which unlocks something different
    before. Such a clever idea.

I got stuck on 13 for a bit and so have hopped around to a bunch of other levels, but am now about to try the dread 14!

I frequently get bored with puzzle games, but so far this one has been pitched perfectly. Definitely recommended.

5. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    If 2 houses are across from each other and I drop someone off between them, it always gets into the wrong house.
    Is there anyway to tell it which house to choose if it's between 2?

Stuck on a level and can't figure out how to beat it unless I can get the blue guy to jump in the bottom house instead of the top.

6. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Which level? There must be a different way to do it.

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The alien who drives the trains just waved at me, it was the most endearing moment in a videogame for me, because nobody waves at me in real life, maybe a dog who lift his leg but that is just to pee, ah well it filt my heart.

8. He's a monster. Don't you recognize him? ;)

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh is he the monster from A Snowman Is Hard To Build, oh well it stil is nice of him to wave at me, could be an alien all together, speaking of aliens I am watching the movie Arrival at the moment I am really into Sci-Fi movies.

10. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I wish they had made this solution breaking rather than ambiguous, but no solution will require an ambiguous event. In the case of ambiguous event, the game will choose the disadvantageous option. There's always a solution where you know exactly what will happen.

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just cleared level 13 of Delphinus, brilliant designed.

12. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Keep that tool handy in your toolbox. You will be needing it again.

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #33 y2kmp3, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Agree that some of the puzzles are quite tricky (such as Andromeda 14), with shades of difficulty comparable to A Snowman Is Hard To Build.

Not sure about this... but the puzzles are in this game are reminiscent of real-life transport problems in robotics whereby algorithms are used to drive automated robots to travel around in a large warehouse to pick up packages and then to drop them off at different drop points. There are a lot of mathematics behind these pathfinding algorithms, and the problem might have been shown recently to be a NP-hard (non-deterministic polynomial-time hard) problem in computational complexity. This may mean (assuming P is not NP, which is yet proven), even if an algorithm exists, it is not scalable and will eventually fail because it takes too long.

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #34 ROGER-NL, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Hope you have fun with this game y2kmp3.

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    This has been a stupidly expensive week, but for anyone else enjoying this as much as I am, A Good Snowman is Hard to Build, by the same dev, just went on sale.

16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Not that hasn't already been expressed, but this game is tough. I love the presentation so much!

17. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Has anyone got Delphinus 14? DO NOT POST ANSWER. Just need to know if the puzzle is bugged or not.

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Got it, but it's one of the hardest levels so far, but once you see it it's fantastic, so is the whole game, for me this is one of the better games on the whole IOS scene, good luck solving it.

19. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks for the confirm, Roger-NL. I will work on it some more then.

20. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Would be nice if there was an ingame method to take a screenshot (other than the apple way). Nice to look back and preen oneself, in case you can't do it in a week's time. Great game, many hours wasted, er I mean invested in it already. Very happy with purchase, so much so I have bought the snowman as well.