Universal Doug dug. (By The Electric Toy Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2014.

1. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I have a new friend, his name is Doug!
    And he's a greedy one, or am I...

Nice little game you did there, nice graphics, good control, cute little music.

Bravo!

(I had a bug where achievements would continously spawn on the screen the same one over and over and over.
    I've played yesterday and this morning my high score and depths were erased?!?)

And for the idea of a IAP for continues, for me it's a no-no.
    BUT
    a HUGE update for a buck or 2, definitly yes.

Let's go Doug, we have gold to dig!

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Have to agree with most who have chimed in, and the TA review Doug Dug is a freaking awesome arcade/exploration game. I love causing massive cave-ins! I too hope this game receives some cool updates with more leaderboards, more treasure and other stuff. :D

3. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Whoops, there are leaderboards, just couldn't find them on the app

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Everybody should go this devs website and read the company history that you can find in the 'About' section of the site. It's awesome !

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just did that and you're absolutely spot on. Fantastic stuff and a great find, sir.

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Great find bigred! I just finished reading it. Great story! I didn't know they created House of Shadows. That was a really fun game also.

7. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    ^^ Lol. I love the bit with the 'Roid Blaster having extra sales in the pharmaceutical market. Also love the description of them going digital with all the employees learning how to code and the receptionist learning HTML to spruce up the website ! Great yarn.

8. Haruna

Haruna New Member

Apr 8, 2012
    700? Dang. I think the lowest I got was around 400.
    Those big minotaur creatures are really tricky, I've dropped multiple layers of rock on them but they don't die. I usually bite the dust shortly after seeing one. :(

I would prefer the elevator over the continues. I don't play this game competitively in any way but if someone gets further down than me because they paid, ehh...It still manages to make my own victories cheap. I'd pay you guys NOT to add IAP. Seriously, I've had other favorites(coughcoughSWORDANDPOKERcoughcough) absolutely ruined by it. But I know you need to make money.

A complex inventory management system is the LAST thing this game needs. You've sort of got a shop system in place with pay-to-break crates spawning here and there. Maybe have a room where Doug goes in and can choose 1 of 3 items like the old man in Zelda. If players get hurt a lot, let them start with the helmet. If they'd rather be more gutsy, let them take a super pick axe or something.

A few power up ideas: Gem Radar. Being able to find them more easily could lead to more risky behavior and amusing deaths. It's a nice power up that doesn't destroy the balance and if anything, increases the challenge a bit.

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oh Ya! Free from pocketg. :)

10. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Another elite choice. Ta, PG! (I'll give you credit for making such great games free, even if Touch Arcade doesn't).

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Can't believe I haven't picked this up before now. Has anyone else had an issue where Doug will dash sideways when you're not touching the screen.

I've only had it when I get lower down, so can't decide if this is a bug or a weird feature - perhaps Doug gets nervous after a few cave ins?

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I had something weird happened to me. All of my scores, progress and everything just got reset. :(

13. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Happened to me today too, bummer! It won't keep me from playing though.

14. TouchMay

TouchMay New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Yep, happened to me too :(

15. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm not. I'm still playing this and loving it. I think this is going to end up being one of my games of the year.

Just passed $80,000 and 800m, then was silly enough to open a chest with TNT all around. I found a bomb and couldn't escape the chain reaction.

Does anyone know if the giant trolls can be defeated?

17. Kido

Kido New Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I'm having the same problem, deleted scores. One way to prevent that would be to exiting the app after tapping the "play again" button. If you die and exit the app when the "Play Again" screen is on, it can delete your scores. I've sent an mail to the dev team to see if they look into the matter.

Only with power ups (invincibility and the drill).

18. MarleySage

MarleySage Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Love the game! But how did anyone get past the ghouls/ mummie thing ?

19. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm still hoping more new contents coming soon instead of just bug fixing. Anyways awesome game:)

20. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    Easy, the mummy can only get you in the open, not when your sorrounded with bricks, wait till the mummy has his back turned and kill him