Universal AG Drive (by ZORG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    :mad:Tier 3 is unavailable:mad:, and the game teases future events to come, which always does annoy me because there's no guarantee that promise will become real, unless I have evidence that it will.. :eek:

With a developer who's brand new:confused: :confused:Your promises fall on deaf ears until you deliver.:eek: I do wish there was iCloud support for carrying progress between devices, :(:(especially since this is using Metal! Use all those great iOS features at your disposal!:)

2. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Even with the update I completely suck at this game. I never can jump successfully.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I can only barely jump successfully.

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Appreciate the update but still no controller support is extremely disappointing for me :(

Have to try the new options,maybe i'll get a little more used to them...

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Tilt control is still the best option (coming from a guy that generally didn't like tilt controls).

That new wheel option is horrible. At first I thought it just didn't work right at all, because I couldn't get it to operate properly. It kept turning the wrong way. Then I figured out that I had to steer by moving my thumb in an arch over the wheel, so this is basically the same as a slider control, just a curved one instead of straight.

Still holding out hope that this will get MFI support some day.

6. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I'm wondering what is so difficult about implementing MFI support,i get the feeling this is on purpose and we'll most likely never see it :rolleyes:

7. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #287 Crabman, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    After trying out the latest update i have to admit that it makes MUCH more fun to me than before.The steering wheel is my favorite control option now.Lowering the sensitivity and moving the controls/UI to my taste helped a lot.Actually it feels like a game now and not like work :)

Steering wheel behaves weird first but then i found out that placing my thumb more on the right side of the wheel (and not center position) allows me to just swipe left/right (and not curved).

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Coming back to iOS since a few years with my shiny new iPhone 6 Plus this game couldn't arrive at a better time.
    This is absolutely amazing coming from an iPad 3 from back in the day and then experiencing "gaming quality" on Android.
    It's good to be back and this game was a no brainer.
    Such a shame to read this entire thread hoping for developer interaction. And.
    To this day.
    There is none.
    My love for the game isn't any less and neither for the amazing soundtrack.
    Although you would have figured that if you sell your entire childhood dream collection of toys the passion for your baby you sacrificed so much wouldn't instantly die after releasing it on the App Store...

9. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Controller support is nice but I still suck at this game. Coming in last place every time gets frustrating.

10. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    OMG,it's here.Controller support!AWESOME!:eek:

Gonna try it now,hope there is a sensitivity option as well.

11. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #291 Crabman, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Okay,the MFI support is a little half baked (no sensitivity nor any other options or even a description about the mapping) but it works great (thankfully the sensitivity feels about right for my taste)t with Madcatz micro!It's SO much more fun to me than before and now by far my favorite (future) IOS racer.F-Zero on my Air 2 :cool:

Don't know if the dev is reading but thanks a LOT for the support and still adding nice things to this game!!

btw,i had a lot of crashes with the last version (and this version as well) but switching WiFi off helped.No probs then.

and:if i select gamepad in the options,the selection is not saved.Always switching back to"virtual wheel".It works nonetheless but you still have all the onscreen controlls visible.

12. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Just saw the update and came here to say the same, haha.

New tier two events and a new track, as well. I guess they haven't abandoned this, after all.

13. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    ah well... :)

Attached Files:

14. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    I'm starting to feel that other than the initial release, the Devs are getting lazier. The new Tier events have no descriptions on them, and they don't feel like they bring about a new challenge. Could be because my ships are already fully upgraded, but the tracks could use some variation, like reverse? Also, other than the 2 point scoring events way back in Tier 1 (anyone still remember? It's the one where you must collect bronze, silver and gold tokens on the track to earn points), there isn't any more of them?

Also, the new track Mir'Aunn felt underwhelming. It felt sub-standard compared to the other Mirloin tracks, which brought good challenge due to their twisty nature and hard-to-see corners. This new track is too short (that one lap = one full charge of my Epsilon MkII Turbo, whereas other Mirloin tracks can charge up about 2), and after like 2-3 races it was just too easy I could nail it consistently. Now where's my reverse version...;)

Your sentiments, guys? :)

15. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I didn't expected ANY updates after a couple of months.It already looked abandonned (website down etc,).It was obviously not the"hit"it deserves and therefore generated not many sales.I think he just failed on the promo side (i'm a musician myself and unfortunately it is more important than ever to promote yourself these days rather than just let the music - or game - speak for yourself.Problems with creative people is,many of them fail on the promo side because they just don't give a shit).So i can understand why his ambitious plans didn't worked out.I'm just glad he didn't abandonned it completely (dayjob life is waiting),especially the MFI support was something i gave up on and for sure i did not expected ANY new tracks after such a long time.At the end it was just 3 bucks and i'm sure most player had a good amount of fun for their money (for me the real fun started at least with the added virtual wheel,half a year later),you definitely FBI Light Rock ;-)

16. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I've been playing it with a controller. It's very nice, but every couple of races the game stops responding to steering input from the analog stick. I know controller is still connected to the game, because it still responds to gas, brake, pause, and even the analog stick if I'm in the menu, just steering stops working. Turning the controller of and on temporarily fixes the problem. When it's working, it's definitely an improvement over tilt steering.

17. iosomfg

iosomfg Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Do you already play with 3D Touch? :)

18. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    No.because playing with a controller is hard beat ;)

@bilboa:i don't have this problem.what controller do you use?

19. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Thanks. I'm using a Mad Catz CTRLi. I use it regularly with lots of other games and never have a problem, so I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the controller. I'll give it another shot.

20. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    #300 cerbo, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    I recall this game was in soft launch in NZ for so long that I wondered if it would ever get released worldwide... I'm not concerned that tier 3 won't ever arrive, especially since I'm probably not ready... I haven't fully upgraded the Epsilon MkII... Although I have the aforementioned Mad Catz controller, I still find the tilt controls to be the most immersive. Overall, I find AG Drive is limited in scope compared to name-brand releases, but owing to the refinement of what is here now, I think it's the best racing game on iOS.