Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (October 24)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Oct 25, 2013.

?

What was your favorite release the week of October 24?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2013.
  1. Deadly Bullet

33.3%
  2. Combat Monsters

11.1%
  3. Ledend Dary: Classic

20.0%
  4. Strike Wing: Raptor Rising

8.9%
  5. Dead Trigger 2

15.6%
  6. Echo Prime

4.4%
  7. Infinity Danger

4.4%
  8. Hazel Dazzel

2.2%
  1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    My vote goes to Legend Dary!
    The controls in Deadly Bullet are weird, can't deal with it.

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

IMO I found them pretty simple. Left side to turn left, right side to turn right

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    maybe they are broken on the iphone 5, I don't know. They're not working for me :(

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ditto for me.

Strike Wing is also good and think it has a lot of potential as the game grows. Unfortunately, wasn't able to play Infinity Danger due to an iOS 6 bug. And while I played DT2 on Android, it wasn't quite what I had hoped for.

So Deadly Bullet gets my vote for being fun, different and challenging. I just wish the dev would charge for it!

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Go for Dead Trigger

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

1. Deadly Bullet
    2. Dead Trigger 2
    3. Hazel Dazzel

7. Would vote for dt2, but it's online only.

So strike wing it is.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Voted for Legend Dary: great game, love it.

9. Park Pill

Park Pill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Oops!

Sorry I voted on my game. I was just happy with my game being nominated. There was no time I read the article before I vote for it :confused:

Is there anyway I can cancel my vote?

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah at least you noticed and read them and apologized :)

I was taking care of this thread for a little while and people don't take the time to read the OP (where is the info about what the thread is about) anymore. There have been quite missteps already with many developers already. Its so hard? :confused:

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Deadly Bullet takes it for me this week.

Didnt get Echo Prime, but it seems good, albeit could be a little repetitive.

Strike Wing somehow struck me as an arena survival zombie shooter, replacing zombies with spaceships and replacing the shotgun with a spaceship of your own. Played it a bit, and it's got the controls and most of the basics spot-on, but it just isnt my type of game.

Enjoyed the gameplay of Optical Inquisitor, but the writing made me cringe more times than i could admit, i decided to put it down until fixed.

Legend-dary, havent played yet. I've gotten some good recommendations for it, so i'll probably be picking it up soon.

DT2 is ok, but since i cant play it off my ipad mini iOS6.x, meh. Maybe if all other apps have no more iOS7 issues, but for now, just... no.

12. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I have to go with Deadly Bullet, although a part of me feels bad about not choosing Legend-Dary.

Deadly Bullet is just so fresh, and while the controls were confusing for me at first, once I figured out what I was doing, the uniqueness, story, art, sounds, developer (PLEASE start charging money for your apps! ;):D), and actually the gameplay pushed it over for me.

Legend-Dary is a great game by a great new development team (with a great "grassroots indie" story), so please do check it out.

It's still a bit early for me to tell how I feel about Echo Prime. The currency part is it's greatest detriment for certain.

DT2? Well, I can't play it, so that one is easy. :p;):D

DBC

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote went to Echo Prime, I have been spending the most time over the past week playing this along with Alhambra. Weird mix I know.

14. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Nice to see Deadly Bullet holding the lead.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well... deservedly so. :)

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I just love to see a little game with originality hold its own (or in this case surpass) against big releases like Dead Trigger 2.

17. DT2 would have done alot better if it was not online only and supported ios 6.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, i played DT2 a bit and i enjoyed it, but my vote'd still go to the one bullet that kills entire mobs.