iPad Gesundheit! (by Revolutionary Concepts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Chigger

Chigger Active Member

Jun 7, 2011
    LMAO!! true.

2. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    just finished it with 3 star on all levels and i have to say the game is awesome. nice graphics, the handling is sometimes sort of tricky but so made it overall difficult in some places. the 4th chapter was imo really easy.

now its time to beg for some more levels!:D

3. Rollobobo

Rollobobo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Takeshi's Castle
    I love this game. Art style and overall game are excellent. More like this please! :D

4. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Not really mentioned in the reviews but that little touch only works on iPad2, would require a long explanation as to why but suffice to say it's the only device with the horsepower and memory enough to do everything else in the game plus realtime shadows and still maintain the 60fps framerate.

We are open to any begging :)

5. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I'm begging for theme packs. :p

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #266 TheFrost, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #267 arta, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    By the way, has anyone checked out the other art projects by the developer? He's got great stuff!
    http://www.matthammill.com/

Well deserved.

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This was nearly off the top 200 yesterday, yet today it shot up to 89 in Top Paid Apps and 52 in Top Paid Games. What happened? The IGN review?

[​IMG]

9. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    My purchase :D (okay, okay, i just had to say that!) Just bought and I can tell it's a fun game.At first some parts look really easy, but they're a lot harder than they look! Great game. My best guess is the IGN review, but I have no clue. That or everyone freaked and thought they were gonna bring up the price :p

10. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Wouldn't be surprised... :p

11. h9lz444

h9lz444 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    any change we get rid of that annoying sound when u die ? it scares me to death because its just to long and in a way disturbing for me. never found out why it took so long to respawn. beside that i love that game :(

12. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    :) Always nice to edge out an app of the quality of 320+ Sex Positions :roll eyes:

But seriously the IGN review was a pleasant result but we were just as stoked to see Apple include in 'What's Hot' for an extra week.

Ah that must be the .5 off from IGN ;)
    Actually we get lots of feedback from people who like that part so probably won't be changing sorry. Piggy respawns before the music finishes so pretty quick.

13. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Still waiting for news on that other game.... :p

14. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Just throwing in here for anybody arriving late to the party that despite the recommendation of later hardware, the game works near-perfectly on second-generation devices, with no slowdown or crashes at all. The only problem I've encountered thus far is that no cutscenes will play; I've not been able to get the the intro or the credits to run, but the game itself works just fine.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh no the credits are a great part of this game, as a beta tester my name is in them and you'll miss it. Lol :)
    Oh well I suppose you will have to live with just the amazing game and not seeing my name if you have an older device.

16. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Just bought the game, glad to support good games

Will there level expansions in the future?

17. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    We hope so. Loads of ideas (some seasonal even) but all depends on how many people buy the game I'm afraid / if the demand is there, as we have our hands full making other games.

18. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    missed the iPad sale on this game earlier, will hop on it as soon as it's on again :D

19. Chigger

Chigger Active Member

Jun 7, 2011
    High Scores

I have a question about high scores. And forgive my noobish ignorance as I am new to iOS gaming.

But, I have played through the entire game and only have 1.98M points. I am now going back to try to improve my scores. Here is my question, though... based on my experience, it seems impossible to get more than 70,000 points on any one level... my highes score I think thus far about 65,000 which was pretty much a flawless effort. Most of my scores are in the 40-50,000 range, especially in the first 3 worlds. Okay, now some simple math. Let's say the best you get is 70,000 on all levels....

70,000 x 10 = 700,000 per level x 4 maps = 2.8M

So, how do so many people have scores higher than this in the Leaderboard? Which, even 2.8M seems impossible at least with my experience on the iPod/iPhone version. Are people with scores higher than this just a bunch of dirty hackers? I have noticed this in other games too... like Tiny Wings for example... seems the devs capped the high score at 400,000 so there a ton of people with a score of exactly 400,000.

Anyways, just curious... if there is no anti-cheat or anti-hacking system, then the leaderboards seem kind of pointless. :confused:

20. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Chigger it's a very good question. One that is best directed to Apple. It is widely known that a small minority of people take pleasure in hacking GameCenter. What they get out of it is anyones guess.

Apple recently took a half measure in the right direction by enabling developers/publishers to erase any obviously ridiculous scores and we'll see if Konami can take a look at the current leaderboard.

Thanks!