Fieldrunners 2 Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by explosive, Jul 24, 2012.

1. IanNas

IanNas Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Is there a Limit on Rounds in FieldRunners 2?

Just curious ... does any one know if there is a Limit on Rounds in FieldRunners 2? I'm on a Map & at 900+ Rounds. Will I hit a snag at 1000? I know, I'm playing Endless, but nothing is really "Endless" is it? (at least my sanity is not endless & I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out ;o)

Also, does anyone know what the current record for Rounds and/or Points are for any given Map?

I set out on a quest/experiment to make a bunch of coins and here I am, 20.6 million points & 900+ Rounds later trying to decide how much longer I'll continue on this mundane pilgrimage.

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. IanNas

IanNas Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks!!! Will check it out ASAP!

3. AtomicAlec

AtomicAlec Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    No limit on rounds but playing for a long time can eat up a lot of memory, increasing the chances of a crash. Make sure that you save frequently as you get closer to 1000 waves on Endless.

4. IanNas

IanNas Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    900+ Rounds and counting ...

Thanks for the tip. At this point I've been saving about every 40 Rounds but maybe I'll decrease it to every 20 or so.

5. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    What is the best way to spend ~$3,500 in the store? (If nothing was bought already) Is Boom-kin worth it?

6. IanNas

IanNas Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Is BOOM-Kin "worth it?"

As you already know, like most of the Towers, it depends on what Map you're going to play & what strategy you use. IMO, the BOOM-Kin does a great job at end-stops and/or on paths that clones will pass by at least twice. It also does better with an Ice Tower or 2 nearby.

I'm currently doing Endless on The Frying Pan & on Round 1,035 with 23.25 Million Points while using 6 BOOM-Kin Towers along with Ice, Nuke & RailGun Towers. I'd say it's worked pretty well so far.

FYI: BOOM-Kin delivers a max of 1800 dps (600/1200/1800 as you upgrade) but has a small circle for an adjacent attack. It costs 4000 coins to acquire & $100/80/80 to upgrade during game play. (The Pyro Tower comes the closest to these Stats with a max of 1100 dps & a medium circle)

Hope this helps.

If you'd like to see a screenshot of where I'm at right now with The Frying Pan, just let me know ...

7. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Thanks, I decided to buy the ice and link towers.

8. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    I made it to round 278 on this map with the buy/sell exit tower "cheat". With these towers (i didn't have nuke or boom-kin) is it less tedious? And do toastmasters get hit with boomkin and nuke?

9. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #169 explosive, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Here's Curious Gorge Wave 60 & Endless using plasma and the new polymorph tower, I believe this is highest score posted for this map?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    #170 Scorpion008, Dec 20, 2012
    Except for the fact that you just died, ya. Btw how is the napalm tower please!?!?!

Does anyone like how the prices are now aligned to the bottom right instead of bottom center?

Edit: Whoops. I thought you were on the 60th wave and couldn't finish it. My bad. This is one of the final two maps which I only have tough on, so good job!

11. explosive

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #171 explosive, Dec 20, 2012
  12. Thujal

Thujal New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Polymorph tower

Since getting the Polymorph tower I have completed 3 heroic levels I couldn't do previously (Curious George, Ring of Fire and one other desert level I cannot remember right now) for a total of 70/75 completed (the last 5 I haven't done include the last two puzzle levels and the very last level)...

Maybe I got lucky and just worked those levels out, but it seems to me that the Polymorph tower is too powerful and should be nerfed? I feel like I've cheated on those 3 levels now and want to go back and do them without the Polymorph tower! I was really enjoying the challenge up until this point, now it seems too easy!

I should probably point out I haven't used items up until this point at all either (saving them for when I know I will need to use them to complete a level rather than throwing money away on a failed level attempt when I could use on cool new towers ;))... Thing is, by the time I've worked a level out, I don't need to use items anyway, so I've ended up just not using them at all really... Do I need to use items on the last two puzzle levels to complete them heroic though? There are certain points where runners get through and I just can't see a way to optimise the damage of the towers I am given at all so feel I *have* to use items to complete those... Is that the case?

13. explosive

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #173 explosive, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    I assume your talking about Carnie and Hocus Poke Us, if so the screens are on first page near the bottom done with no items. :)

I think polymorph is fine, outclasses the glue tower but not ice because it targets units individually, it is great when used on the aircraft lanes while the ice covers the ground.

14. Thujal

Thujal New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes, I was! Thank you for the knowledge that it is possible but I'll pass on cheating ;)

And thank you again! I guess it just fit my play style then. Have done another level since then but stuck on the last 4, guess it's time to start using those items :D

15. Kicks66

Kicks66 New Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Where can I find the hazmat guys? I'm trying to get the first card and can't remember where they are.

16. explosive

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    Mean streets is the best level for them.

17. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Efficiency is Key

Any suggestions on which survival map is best for getting the Efficiency is key card... Where you must survive 10 rounds with no towers (items only).

I'd hate to waste all my coins on items just for this card.

Thanks!

18. explosive

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    ^ Yes, the easy way i done it was on end of doom since they die running through the lava and you only need 4-5 items.

19. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Brilliant! Thank you!

20. Røb

Røb New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    iPad version...

So I have been all over both the Subatomic forums and these here and nobody seems to have my problem. I am trying to fill out the card achievements and cannot get the Itemized card. I have killed almost 100 fieldrunners at once with the Santa strike and yet nothing comes of it. My app is the most current version and have no other problems that I know of. I have 75/75 stars and though I started on the iPhone version and was pretty far along, none of my progress transferred to this iPad version. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    P.s: the day of triumph card is absolutely ridiculous. Who has that much time to play a game like this? (Unless you are getting paid) (or a kid without supervision)