What F2P games convinced you to pay/share?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bleau, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    None, ever.

2. Some guns in SAS Zombie Assault 3
    Coin Doubler in Jetpack Joyride
    Extra money in Monster Shooter

I think that's it.

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Never bought in-game money or coin doublers and never will.

I did however buy the full game unlock for Magic the Gatheribg 2013 and 2014 and a levels pack for Highborn.

4. WeMeet

WeMeet Active Member

May 15, 2012
    Only game to spend money on

HEROES OF ORDER AND CHAOS

seem like they are now consistently adding content now at 37 heroes and counting

5. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    So many different ones, but the ones I still play include:

Ski Safari (doubler; bought the game when it was premium)
    Pocket God: Ooga Jump (doubler; bought the game when it was premium)
    Jetpack Joyride (doubler; will buy the sleigh as soon as I get new iTunes cards)
    Sonic Dash (doubler; bought the game when it was premium)
    Temple Run 2 (doubler)
    Flick Kick Football Legends (cheapest IAP to disable ads)
    Nimble Quest (doubler)

I don't play it anymore, but I also bought every single table in Zen Pinball (I got rid of my iPad, and I hate playing it on the iPhone). And I've also done doublers or other IAP in premium stuff.

6. RaindropGames

RaindropGames Active Member

Spent money on The Walking Dead (all Season 1 episodes) and CSR Racing. Never shared, don't like to pester my friends.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Cannot remember names right now, but basically everything where I play for more than 10 hours gets some money from me (usually 5+€) , provided it's not a blatant cashgrab (Dungeon Hunter 4, looking at you).
    In any case, that's only a handful of games for me, as there are enough high-quality fullprice games out there; and my free time is very limited, so I spend it in my genre (real RPGs like Avernum or Baldur's Gate, strategy like XCom) mostly.

Bought the big 50€ pack at Ravenmark:Mercenaries launch to support the devs, and like 10€ to get all ships in Strikewing:Raptor Rising, also to support the devs.

Full game unlocks, additional content, etc, I do not count as F2P. E.g. the Kingturn games, or Warhammer Quest.

8. millionthlayla

Nov 21, 2013
    The only F2P game I can remember buying an in-app purchase for is Clay Jam. I bought a permanent power-up upgrade specifically BECAUSE IAPs aren't necessary to advance the game -- I just wanted to support the devs in some small way. It's the most uncynical "freemium" game I can think of. <3

9. Ooghi

Ooghi Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    Purchased a few songs on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. I loved Elite Beat Agents and I have a soft spot for Final Fantasy and it's music from the SNES era.