Universal Deep Loot (by Monster and Monster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Issue with Full Boat achievement

Hello, all:

I just purchased every ship, but still, the Full Boat - Unlock All Ships achievement is not unlocked. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,
    frisbee10461

2. BaronVonMonster

BaronVonMonster Well-Known Member

Morning!

Hmmm. Have you got all the unlockable ships as well as the ships you can purchase? If you have try giving the Sync GC button a go again to see if this sorts the problem out. If it does not drop us an email at [email protected] and we'll look into the issue some more.

3. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Thank you so much for your help. I used the Game Synch button, and it works perfectly. I thought using the Synch button was a one-shot deal, but your instructions are clear that you have to click it every time you want to synch your achievements with GameCenter.

Still having issues with the Ultimate Kraken achievement, even after clicking this button. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks so much,
    frisbee10461

4. BaronVonMonster

Glad we could help! We'll look into the Kraken stuff, hopefully that will get sorted in the next update.

Actually speaking of updates. Here's an update on our next update!

We've got the game building with a new version of AIR which should help some memory issues a bit on certain versions of iOS. Auto game-flip stuff is in. Dan's also squashed a whole bunch of bugs which should result in far less frequent lock-ups. We also sorted out an issue with science probes causing some weird issues :) Next up is line of sight inconsistencies and some other bits and pieces that weren't as essential for earlier bug-fix builds.

One thing we have struggled with and as a result has been postponed is the iCloud stuff :(

It seems that iCloud save stuff can be pretty unreliable (even some of the massive companies with much larger code teams and budgets struggle) and it's going to take a lot of work to adhere to Apple guidelines whilst also making the system reliable. We'll also need to write a custom extension for AIR to get any of it to work correctly. Ick!

Basically it IS possible but the risks to save states is huge and will take a lot of dev hours to implement and test so it's going to have to go on the back-burner for a while. We still reckon it would be a great feature to have so we want to work on it eventually but for now it makes more sense focusing on other bugs, features and new content.

Hope this doesn't disappoint too many people. Just seems the best course of action for now and the last thing we want to do is rush an implementation and screw up everyone's save states (which it sounds like iCloud saves can do without of our help anyway!?).

In better news I'm still rattling through the prep of new content as well as a new feature (Oooo!). We have also confirmed a new guest indie character and guest ship to discover / unlock, exciting stuff!

Hopefully more to say on all of this soon but for now I have a lot of work to be getting on with.... </Retreats back to Photoshop>

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I personally don't need iCloud, my tablet is Android based anyway. But even so, if I had an iPad I'd still rather have bug fixes and content over iCloud for this specific game. Plus as it is this is the kind of game I actually prefer in a more portable format so I'm not even sure I'd play it on a bigger screen. Hopefully the new version of Air does a better job with memory management. Related to all of this, I went for a record dive Monday and ended up over 1000m deep and the game was starting to slow down the deeper I got.

6. Shanarai

Shanarai New Member

Aug 22, 2014
    I have 2 collections that need some help it would be good if you could tell me the locations of where these could be found.

The armor of Achille (bottom left item)
    Terracotta Soldier (right most one)

7. BaronVonMonster

If I remember correctly that piece of armor is between 128 and 200m. As for that final Terracotta soldier, he can appear at any depth so you'll just have to keep on searching ;)

8. BaronVonMonster

One of PeteOzzy's ideas is making its way into the content update. I really loved the idea of swimming about in a shark costume so that is one of the 8-10 new outfits that I'm currently working on.

In fact attached is an image of how the suit looks separated into chunks ready for importing into our avatar system :) Probably wont make much sense to a lot of you but it means I can animate different parts independently and although looks like a lot of pieces it's actually far less than if I was to have spritesheets for each individual action in the game.

Attached Files:

9. Smosh710

Smosh710 New Member

Aug 27, 2014
    missing middle terracotta soldier. :(

Can anyone help with where the middle terracotta it's the last thing I need to complete the game lol. Please help.

10. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    That's incredible, thank you! I can't believe I nearly missed this :D I think I know what I'm diving in from now on!

11. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    A Bug!

Hi BarVonMonster, in my game(Deep Loot), every collection is cut in half so I have to swipe all the way to the right or left to see the entire collection. Can you guys fix that bug please?

12. BaronVonMonster

Pretty sure the Terracotta soldiers can appear at any depth, however the Z-Depth occasionally hides them a bit behind some scenery. Just keep on hunting and you'll eventually find him :D

Hi Sir Hanet, pretty sure this has already been sorted and should be sorted out in the next update :) Sorry it's taken so long to sort out.

13. Smosh710

Smosh710 New Member

Aug 27, 2014

14. Smosh710

Smosh710 New Member

Aug 27, 2014

Not sure what happened the previous msg.
    What is Z-Depth? Also any tips on finding the oil rigs?

15. BaronVonMonster

Sorry, I confused the terminology there!? Z-Depth has nothing to do with where you find objects it's actually to do with how the system displays objects. Basically some items sometimes appear behind scenery etc. The Terracotta soldiers locations can be found at ANY in-game depth though.

As for the oil rig / power reactor things your best bet is to stick to Depth 2 (the brown depth) and keep an eye out for pipes. Sometimes these pipes will lead you to the reactors.

Hope this helps!

16. ghen73

ghen73 Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    This...17/18 complete...where is it?!?!? So many dives in various depths....keep missing it. Happy looting!! ;)

17. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    BarVonMonster, I have an idea for your (maybe) next game. My idea is to make a game where you have to survive the ocean depths and to survive, you have to build a shelter, get food, get water, sleep and etc. I don't know if Toucharcaders agree but who knows, to me the idea sounds good for a mobile because no one has made a game like that for mobile!

18. BaronVonMonster

Heh, this certainly seems to be one of the more troublesome pieces of loot so I'll give you all the heads-up that it can be found between 128m and 202m, might still take some hunting though if it's the last piece you need!?

19. BaronVonMonster

Thanks for the suggestion. We're still not sure what our plans are after we finish a couple of content updates for Deep Loot but we have some ideas, although we might take a break from this kind of game for a little while as it was pretty exhausting!?

One thing we're planning to do though is revisit our Gent character (from Winter/Autumn Walk) and create a proper adventure for him. We have an idea, we have the basis for a story (and setting) but it's currently a spare(!) time kinda project as it will no doubt be a bit niche and we can't afford to develop it full time atm.

20. MBowman

MBowman Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Seems like my kind of game:D