Universal Squids Wild West - (by The Game Bakers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2012.

1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Hmm, I seem to be the only person here playing this! FYI, for anyone else wondering, the latest update fixed the bonus achievement problem.

2. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Im playing it too and loving it, but i havent gotten veryfar yet, its the first one as good as the sequel?

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #63 dclose, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    To me, the first one felt like a giant extended tutorial for Wild West, but it has a good storyline and is worth playing just for the background material imho. It's not as challenging nor as complex as Wild West, but it was definitely a fun experience and I'm glad I played it too. If you do play the first one, definitely turn ON OpenFeint (if you usually play without it), as I ran into a nasty bug that messed up my in-game store purchasing power without it.

Edit: One nice thing about the first game, is you get to know the individual characters a lot better. There's more of a backstory for the non-shooters, and you get to see how they come together and gel as a group and care about them a little more than you do in Wild West. WW is more about the shooters and the ranch. The first story is more about how the Dark Elements came to take over the environment, and the personalities behind the various heroes.

4. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Bought both games yeasterday (omg WW price droped today :) and I realy enjoying game. Finishing first Squids. Greata work done Game bakers. Thank you :)

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Hey thanks! I actually always disable OF so its great advice for me, so im thinking im gonna get the first one and get to it before finishing WW. Having a blast with this one!

6. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Hi all,

TA says wild west is free for the week-end but the free promotion ended last night actually. Just wanted to tell you so that you're not disappointed.

Thanks for playing Squids! We'll have more Squids and non Squids related news pretty soon, working hard on new gams as well.

Cheers!

7. Edaday

Edaday New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Anyone else hit a bug on the last bonus level?

Maybe I am just an idiot, but there doesn't seem to be a door for exiting after I defeat everyone. I have tried a few times. These are my last three stars, I will be sad to see it end, but I would like to see the big surprise.

8. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

FREE again!

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Downloading...

10. Baryonix

Baryonix Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I'm trying to complete the disco map mission where u have to find 4 cursed helmets. I still have one left, it's the one for healer squids. On the map, it appears on the top right corner but i dont know where that location is. Could u guys help me? Thx a lot

11. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    It isnt working for me on iphone 6 ios 9.0.2
    Will there be an update for this?

12. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Same here... unfortunately all my devices are now 9.0.2 and it doesn't work on any. Tried the first Squids and same issue. Hope it's not the end for these games, I usually run through them both once a year cause they're so fun to play.

13. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Update for iOS 9 support just dropped for both games.

14. AnimalBoy12K

AnimalBoy12K New Member

Nov 5, 2015
  15. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Both games still do not work even after iOS 9 support update. All you get is half a title screen with no way to start the game. :(

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't use ios9 but I noticed weird clipping behind each character sprite in the party menu (the star icon background is flipping out basically) after I did the update. I didn't need the update but it seems it just made the game slightly worse unfortunately. Otherwise it still plays perfectly!

17. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Looks like both Squids titles are finally fixed and ready to play. It's funny how you don't miss something till it's taken away from you.