Mikado Defenders - brutal mode help

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SoProlix, Nov 1, 2010.

1. SoProlix

SoProlix New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Hey - has anyone been able to complete Mikado Defenders in Brutal mode? I am stuck, stuck, stuck. On a couple maps I can get to stage 5 with a castle, but I invariably die right there. I've tried spending the money on troops instead too, foregoing the giant demon battle, but still cannot complete the 5th stage.

I have all but one of the commanders. Admittedly I mostly stick to a few. I'm going to spend some time playing with some of the others. I usually find Tokugawa Ieyasu key, or can't level up the castle. Sanada Yukimura has been good to me, but may be screwing me up with lowered hit points. I've played with and without to similar results though, really. Hatori Hanso, Miyamoto Musashi, Yagyu Jubei, and Musashibo Benkei are the others I use a lot. Maybe I'm missing a gem of a commander that could lynch it for me.

If anybody has beaten brutal on any of the maps and would post a quick description and screenshot of the final layout, that would be awesome.

Cheers and thanks!

2. Strikeman

Strikeman New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Mikado Defenders - brutal mode

I have been able to complete brutal (with Castle) for Osaka and Aki (that's maps 2 & 3). If I remember correctly, I am doing it with the Azure Dragon, and Tokugawa Ieyasu (for points), Oda Nobunaga (for archers), and either Miyamoto Musashi (overall strength) or Yagyu Jubei (extra damage).
    However I can't complete brutal on Kai (map 1).
    On another note, I find Edo ridiculously difficult. I can complete it on Easy but that's about it. Has anybody had any success at Normal or above?