Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    I have got a PS+ subscription on my ps3. Will that work on a vita too ? Not that I own a ps vita yet but I want to know cuz my lil bro might be getting one on christmas.

2. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I've been thinking about getting WRC3, how good is it?

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Yep, it will. As long as he uses the same PSN account.

4. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    thanks for the info Chris , i heard they were giving uncharted and 5 other games for vita users , wanted to try uncharted golden abyss since i loved drakes fortune , drakes deception and among thieves , trying to get platinum in uncharted 1 these days its easy as their is no multiplayer.besides that my current ps+ membership will expire on 2 JAN 2013 , got the membership last year, well if my bro does get his vita on christmas we can try the ps+ sevice on it for like a week , then ill be motivated more to renew the membership.

Now one more thing I would like to know is like on ps3 I have the ps+ membership on my us account but i play the games on my eu account ( add me : akpred ) , will it work the same way on vita.havent visited their blog or site lately so i am not sure but would be glad if someone can assure me.thanks in advance and thanks again to Chris .

5. No, you can only have one account per memory card at a time. If you to play the PS+ games, you'll have to use your US account.

6. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    #3706 mkpred, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    ah man that sucks you know what's arse.I mean really?this is really a bad step from sony and i heard they dont give you a memory card with the vita and even if they do another one costs alot.
    Sorry for questioning again and again but one more important question , basically i got the ps+ membership not only to try various games free and get cheap dlc BUT in the meantime rack up trophy points.i see alot of my friends on level 15 and i am stuck at 6 :( .well so if i get my next psn membership on my eu account for the sake of this vita thing will the trophies that i earn on my vita ( if there are any ) add up to my ps3 trophy level.
    And I saw this morning on my ps 3 in my friends list that a friend who appears on ps3 daily was below the friend who appeared 22 days ago ( you'll understand if you know how the ps3 friends list work ) and his picture had a circle spinning while other friends picture were loaded.there was a red cross as if he wasnt online but i have a suspicion he was online on his vita at that time.i know he has vita since he sent me a message yesterday in which it was written sent from vita.
    thanks to everone for the response. we all learn something new everyday and today is no different. :) thanks haruhi and chris :)

7. Yes, Vita trophies count toward your PS3 trophy level. And yeah, Vita players are shown as offline on the PS3...

Pro-tip: Buy Resistance Burning Skies on sale if you want a easy platinum trophy to boost your level. I got the platinum just by playing through the story normally and completing one round of online MP.

8. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    So whats the overall consensus on COD? Pass on it?

Been thinking about dusting off my Vita and giving it a go. I don't care for ACL or LBP, or JRPGs for that matter... whats left? lol

9. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    Personally I've been playing COD and its not that bad. At the end of the day the only opinion that should matter is your own, look at some gameplay videos and stuff and if you want it get it. Thats what I did and the game isn't as bad as about 75% of people make it out to be.

10. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks, but does it run at native resolution?

I'd hate to pick this up and feel like MC4 would have been a better purchase for decent multiplayer fragging.

11. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Please take a look here and see if you really want to spend $50 on this.

If that doesn't convince you, look here where is Declassified compared to all the other Vita titles.

12. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Just by your posts I'm assuming you've never played it. CODBO: D is probably the most played game on my vita. I find the hostiles mode fun and the multiplayer even better. Truthfully I don't understand why so many people complain about campaign when 90% of COD gamers don't play it.

13. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    Completely agree. If you haven't played or owned the game then it's in no way justifiable for you to try and deter someone from getting the game as hard as youre doing. On top of that your main argument is metacritic scores? Like I said the ONLY opinion that should ever matter about something is your own.

Anyway as to whether or not the game is native res I dont know the answer to that question.

14. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Oh, I played it, have an unlucky friend who bought it. It's even worse than Burning Skies which is already a gigantic piece of crap.

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I don't find this a valid excuse to call the game a piece of crap. You've already proven to me you haven't played the game for longer periods of time then at a friends house.

16. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    And why the heck should I play for a longer period of time a game that IMO is mediocre and a slap in the face of Vita owners?

Look, it all comes down to a matter of opinion. You think the game is good, fine, as much as I disagree I respect your opinion. BUT... if somebody asks an opinion in this thread about this game I can't help but give mine. Not only mine, others here agree with me, including some who bought it, just look at previous pages.

Reviews are relative, of course, many times I enjoyed games with not so good scores. BUT... if having 40 critic reviews with an average of 32 which turns the game into the all-time worst rated game in the Vita is not worth mentioning to someone who wants more information about the game, I don't know what is.

17. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    @LucianOrb

That's the reason I won't throw out on the window $50 for this.I better save that money for Killzone,which will kick-ass :D

18. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I completely agree, the game had the potential to really help the Vita even if it was only average but they cheaped out and in my opinion damaged the Vita instead and it's pretty blatant that they then they resorted to fake user reviews on metacritic themselves to try and sell early copies.

Unit 13 is still the best shooter on the Vita by miles in my opinion and if Sony had any common sense they wouldn't have even allowed COD on shelves.

19. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    I heard there isn't a career mode in wrc is this true. I can't see how fun it can be without this mode. What other modes are there.

20. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Read the same myself but I'm still craving a proper driving game, most wanted doesn't cut it for me. Reviews for the Vita WRC have been pretty bad in honesty but I really enjoyed the PSP version and I'll probably buy it anyway just hoping I can enjoy it.

Still it's sad the vita games are so much more cut down than the PSP ones were, they just don't seem to be complete games, everyone's cutting corners it seems now.