Oh no... Is Flappy Birds coming back?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gov, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
  2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I wonder if he is going to take advantage of all of the obsessed flappers to make even more profits. Iap? I could definitely see him putting in some sort of timer because he is so "concerned"about people's addition. Idk, maybe he is truly sincere about what he said in the past. It seems that this flappy crap will never stop.

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    It mightn't got easy. Seriously, I think people have been sick with all flappy bird clone. Put it back won't affect anything... Well, may be at first but not for a long time. Right now, there's new trend on the app store after flappy bird, so many dev made threes clones :( #sigh

4. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Threes clones! That makes me sick. I haven't seen anything like that in the App Store.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I met Dong at GDC, and having seen the person behind all this, the incessant amount of shit everyone insists on talking about him and Flappy Bird is even more disheartening.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    He does seem to be a decent guy but I knew the game was going to come back despite him saying it wasn't. Not saying its a clever marketing ploy but i'm sure we all knew along it would come back

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

What's the end game if this is a marketing ploy? Dude straight up didn't want Flappy Bird complicating his life. He's a vietnamese indie developer who very clearly doesn't have a brain that works in the same way that westerners do in that the sole motivation for doing anything is more money/success.

8. LumberJack400

LumberJack400 Member

Apr 24, 2012
    At my home
    I recon FB will be coming out mid-late year. Like Eli said he doesn't want to be making games like this for the rest of his life.

9. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I never knew he was actually sincere and was a good guy. If that's the case then I am glad for his success. I thought this entire thing was some sort of marketing ploy. If this happened to most most people then they would milked the crap out of this thing and would have taken advantage of everyone. It's reassuring that you met him in person. I completely trust your judgement.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Yeah, after meeting him I can say with 100% certainty that what we're seeing is basically the iOS gaming equivalent of the running scene from Forrest Gump. He just wants to run, and everyone else wants to apply some kind of meaning to it or otherwise tag along. I'd stop too.

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Okay, so we're allowed to swear on the forums now? Or is this just a thing the higher-ups can do to further separate them from the peasant lower forms of member life?

:p

12. craighinrichs

craighinrichs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    That's really cool to hear that. I like what Flappy Bird has done to gaming. I can't wait for it to come back.

13. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    odd

how was it complicating his life?
    guess the guy must be pretty weird/strange then.

read he was making $50k a day in ad revenue + even with the app pulled those that are still playing the game on there device he's still taking in current players ad revenue money. he just cut off the expanding future money growth. now if Flappy Birds comes back he's just going to boost his ad revenue from new players, adding in the come back media hype etc.

why not turn off the ads... no ads, no money.

if he doesn't want the money he could easily do alot of good with it, helping people in need. mabe "families with mega bills because there kids have cancer" etc.

personally i hate the game, play and delete...its so basic dull and boring.

14. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#14 Bronxsta, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Imagine if all of sudden, you were thrust under a global spotlight. Assailed from all angles, all day, with media attention, hateful crap not just from players in emails and social media, but from articles and the developers. Imagine if all you wanted to do was just make games but suddenly you become the scapegoat for what is "wrong" with mobile gaming. A constant barrage of death threats and overwhelming attention, most of it negative

That's how it complicated his life. All the guy wanted to do was make games and suddenly he was the target of hate and attention on a worldwide scale.

At the time, it's totally understandable why he removed the game, but I guess he regrets that now if he honestly plans on bringing Flappy Bird back