Help on Civilization Revolution

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bballbeast76, Aug 8, 2010.

1. bballbeast76

bballbeast76 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Hi guys, I'm not very good at real time strategy games, and I pretty much got overwhelmed by Civilization Revolution. Do you have any tips on how to get better or some strategies to use? I tried playing the first scenario and made a bunch of treaties and broke them and attacked and everyone in my army died. I have no idea how to manage the cities and stuff. Any tips would really help. Thanks!

2. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Play on chieftan until you get used to the game and figure out how units work.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
  4. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
  5. bballbeast76

bballbeast76 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Thanks everyone. I'll try it out. It's still really overwhelming though

6. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    *facepalm* Civilization Revolution is not a Real Time Strategy, it is Turn Based... Respect the classics man...

I support both though :p

My advice is to just play the game on easy until you get used to everything. I spent atleast 10 hours till I got the jist of the game. Have probably played it for 30 more hours, so yeah.

7. Douglas

Douglas New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    I'm currently in school
    Where am I?!?
    A Great Strategy

The first few time you play, play on Cheiftan level.When choosing a person to be pick the Mongols because it is easy to build an empire because barbarian village you take over become cities in your empire. Also after getting two cities start building some buildings in your capital while building troops in the others. Also make sure to accept the peace treaties the other countries give you early on in ANY game. If you are not the Mongols when you unlock the government form republic switch to it because you can build more settlers which means more cities. Do not focus on building large armies instead focus on building buildings in your cities after of course getting a few densive units in each of your cities. Another important thing to do early on is build a galley and try and find other barbarian villages, make sure to put a warrior or a legion on your galley, and if you are not the Mongols the villages will either give money, a horseman, settlers, spy, or another galley. Also keep you eyes open for the little things that look like hay building because these are friendly villages that when you move a unit on them will give you something like the barbarians will. Another thing is try to get a scientific lead on you opponents by focusing on science, when it is available to choose pick the Navigation one, the gunpowder one, Steel, steam power, and metallgulary. NEVER give into other nations wanting these techs in exchange for peace because you will no longer have to upper hand, plus if you are the first to discover something then you can get a very nice bonus. But the final thing to look for are the wonders, there should be four in each game you can find these by looking for strange buildings, these will give you an extreme advantage immediately.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Great tips. Tks. :)