Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
  2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #303 RHess00, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    I finally had some time to play Blaster Master and I'm really pleased with it. So far it is basically the same as the original with some new story elements. I really liked the original but I never completed it because of the insane difficulty and lack of save points or password system. Blaster Master Zero remedies that with save points so I should be able to complete it this time. Also, they have added a map which is a big help.

If you don't know much about the gameplay, it's similar to Metriod. There are certain areas of the levels that are inaccessible until you fight a boss and acquire an upgrade for your vehicle. Within the levels you'll find doors that you'll have to exit your vehicle to enter. When you enter these doors, the view changes to top down and it's almost like a 2D Zelda dungeon minus the puzzles. These dungeons are where you will fight the bosses and receive your vehicle upgrades.

Overall, if you're into retro games like me, it's definitely worth $10. It's been a great diversion from BotW.

3. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    So i got the switch, and I think it's a very, very good system, and will spend more money on this instead of iphone games for a number of reasons. The first is that Nintendo is being really selective with who can make and release games on the switch, so they can showcase those higher quality games better on the eshop better than apple, and you aren't gonna see a ton of garbage games to sift through like on phone app stores. I still like having physical controls and having them attached to the console (tablet) means almost every game will implement it, vs using an ios gamepad, which either isn't attached, or very clunky and most games will probably not use it.

Games on the switch will always work on the switch, where on the iphone phone updates can and will break the game and if the developer doesn't support the game anymore for whatever reason (going out of business) then you are out of luck playing it again. I don't think the switch is a direct competitor to mobile devices though, because I take my iphone everywhere I go, and it will still always have the biggest selection of games because of the huge market potential. And because of the huge market potential, they are cheaper too, because they can make more money of the bigger userbase, and to increase visiblity. I would never expect to see a game like Oxenfree cost 4 dollars on the switch. But at the same time I do respect fair prices for games, and I would never be one of those people who thinks anything more than 99 cents to 5 dollars is way too much for a "mobile" game, especially if it offers dozens and dozens of replay value like Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

I got bored and sick of sifting through good iphone games everyday many years ago, and part of the reason is because there's no good curation and too many awesome games coming out almost everyday for it. Oversaturation probably led to the rise of free to play clicker games you need schedule your time around to get the most out of, which I'm absolutely not a fan of. I hope someone makes a Nintendo switch only version new site that will talk about the system and upcoming games, and absolutely no articles that talk about how certain games "should" be on the system.

4. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    I have joined Nintendo life forums, its perfect for pure Nintendo news, and I agree switch is amazing

5. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Oh man wounded the binding of isaac is not on Europe eshop :( now I gotta make another account

6. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    not a fan of this stupid headline http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/developer_survey_reveals_worrying_lack_of_interest_in_nintendo_switch

The reason why it's at 3 percent isn't because developers aren't interested, it's because a lot of them aren't invited to develop for the switch or waiting to see how it does first. This is a very good thing and why we aren't seeing Asphault 5 or any Gameloft title clogging up the eshop lol.

7. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Don't worry there are lots of click bait articles because the switch IS popular! They get alot of traffic with switch hence why all the bullshit

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just had the most insane run on BOI I mean wow. I had lasers and all kinds of speed and damage stuff then died right before end boss.

9. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Yes this game is addictive! I think it's great on IOS too but I can't imagine playing this game with precise controls on the touchscreen.

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats whats scary though I had insane pick ups and still didnt beat the last one :(

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

The physical release is really cool is Europe getting that at some point?

12. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    I hope so but i have not heard nothing? We can still get it as switch is not region locked but its still a hassle

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I am telling you I had an awesome run last night man I still remember it haha I was running around all feeling bad*#* then got killed.

14. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Hello everyone. This is my first post about the Switch and I wanted to ask if anyone here has the same issue I'm having with my device. So, since I've had my Switch, I always leave it in sleep mode. When I wake it and return to playing Zelda with motion controls on, I notice every time that I use Stasis and/or Magnesis, the motion controls send the crosshairs slowly towards the sky. In other words, both powers are not steady and begin to move upwards. Oddly enough, using the bow and arrow doesn't cause any problems at all. Moreover, I've only found one way to fix the problem with Stasis and Magnesis. After I resume from sleep, if I remain on the home screen and wait for about 10 seconds, then return to the game, it calibrates correctly and I can use Stasis or Magnesis without any issues. I've scoured the web and forums to see if there are others with this problem, but I've found nothing. I suppose I could turn motion controls off, but I really enjoy them. So, for now, I constantly go through the above stated process to get it working properly and I'm ok with it, for the most part. I just wanted to see if any of you can replicate this on your devices and if so, do you have any other ways, perhaps more permanent, to remedy the situation? Thanks so much in advance. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

15. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
  16. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yep, I've noticed this too. Hadn't even thought about flicking to the home screen to recalibrate it. Must say, it hasn't bothered me too much - I mainly use the joystick to aim anyway. Thanks for the tip, though.

In other news, I'll just add that Shovel Knight is really growing on me. It's a terrific 2D platformer, for those who like the genre.

17. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    #318 davidovich, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not going to stress about it now that I know I'm not the only one. I read that the disconnect joycon issues are hardware related, but maybe this problem could be fixed with a patch or a firmware update. Gonna let Nintendo know about it. Happy Thursday!

18. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Hey dude, thats a tough break! Personally i have had zero problems myself.
    I have purchased a joycon charger so mine are always fully charged so i don't know if that helps? If not google joy con fix and there is a load of ways Nintendo have given to resolve joycon issues.

19. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Anybody know about region access? Im trying to get a usa account and i did but when i go to purchase it asks me for a zip code with my card payment and then doesn't work! Ugh soooo irritating