Universal Elements Defender (Universal app by iJoy Group)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ivanmacheung, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I hope so too... I hope it doesnt get drowned out because, obviously, we have some powerhouse titles out this week.

For me, this game stands out with the rest of the great titles that are released today.

2. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This is very in depth and admittedly, quite cool. You have a marvelous imagination. Should look into being in the creative department for a dev. Never seen or heard of this in a TD/Strategy game but I have a feeling it would be awesome.

MY $0.02

3. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I just think he plays too much team fortress 2 (engineer) and starcraft (human walker thingy what ever it's called that can deploy)

Hahaha

But yeah I do like it too.

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I think TA should at least do a "TA plays" feature on this game. Nice on the eyes.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks guys... I guess it helped being a GM for the longest time back in college when we had a group that have common time to play pen and paper RPGs. I was one of those who spend HOURS just to make a character, and being a GM means i get to make all NPCs as well :D

6. ivanmacheung

ivanmacheung Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Finger Crossed that TA Editor would have a glance at our game and feature it. :):)

7. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    It is a great encouragement to hear this. :):)

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thinking of picking this up. But it says it's not compatible with the iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4. Does that mean it is playable on the 3GS (which is listed in the requirements)?

9. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    No. The Apple description is not right. The game runs on iPhone4, iPhone4s and iPhone5, iPod Touch5, iPad2 and iPad3, iPad4 and iPad mini.

It is not playable on the 3GS. Sorry.:)

10. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    With the aid of common sense, no.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I notice you have a way with words which usually picks up heat. Hahahaha!

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #112 awp69, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Believe it or not there actually has been a couple of games that played BETTER on the 3GS than on the iPod Touch 4g. I've read it in several game threads where a game had a bad framerate on the iPod 4G but ran smoothly for me on my 3GS.

So it's a valid question whether it seems like common sense or not. As for this game, I downloaded the free version and it did run smooth as butter until a crash during the second wave. Might try a restart just out of curiosity. Really nice graphics. Lighting reminds me of Orc: Vengeance.

As with that game, not crazy about the touch controls. Would prefer a virtual stick.

13. I like that,it loos fun.

14. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Haha. Easy. Awp69. I believe Defred is just kidding and means no offense to you.:)

Yep. Would consider adding a dual virtual stick in the future update.

(If you love the game, leave your rating on the app store. That would cheer us up. Thank you!:):))

15. theteamster

theteamster Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    You know, this game is not bad, pretty solid and you can tell that the developers had put in a great deal of hard works in it. But like others said, it would be nice to have a friendly tutorial.

16. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Bought this last night and stayed up till dawn playing it! Really impressive. Gorgeous graphics. Though I usually hate tutorials, I admit I was a bit lost at first so maybe a tutorial would help. But the game is fantastic! 5 stars from me. And yes I'll leave a review on the App Store :)

17. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Thank you. Witedahlia. Will definately add a tutorial in the next version. :):)

18. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Some Suggestions:

1. Pet Healing - If pet is not in use, they will regenerate health, for example, every level you do not use the pet it will heal.

2. Controllable Skills - Other than traps, players have the option to manually cast the spells that currently is automatic, example, the freeze skill, instead of it being cast in random (?) or specific time, we have a button, or multi gesture to cast it depending on when we want to.

3. Customizable Characters - Human, Elf, Gnome, Trolls. Male and Female. More of a UI addition than anything else.

4. Customizable Items/Inventory - Other than staff upgrade, maybe some random Loot Drop (that ARE NOT iAP PURCHASABLE) to gear the character, such as amulet for extra hp, rings for extra attack, etc.

5. Even more Controllable Skills - Faster run, teleport to North, East, West, South part of the map, Shield?, Firewall (everyone passes gets burned and dot), Freeze Nova (everyone in the range gets frozen), Chan Lighting (targets 5 enemies in one cast) Something like that.

AND A LOT MORE. There is so much potential with this game. Especially with the developer being active.

19. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    good lord, I almost always rate apps I download but I'm too busy playing than rating, just did a 5* on the app store from me.

20. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Have to say that is very nice of you. Thank you Visionwebs. Have a happy christmas holiday.:):)