iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. FINIX00

FINIX00 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars
    #28061 FINIX00, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    PLEASE READ if you play in Japanese server.

Fact1. Recently some of you guys have been quitted on VS screen.

Fact2. They complain about the lag but you had a good/perfect connection, and some of you responded to this as if it was an excuse of loosing, which actually is very likely, not.

Guys, I know how terrible US server is now, the domination of the BN by the quitters, hackers, and cheaters.
    Aggressive caption on the winning replays some of them upload.
    Disrespectful and childish attitude you see on BN.
    Unbearable amount of RQers in both ranked & friendlies.
    Lag.

And there are almost none of those things on Japanese server. They don't even play that "lame," whilst they could choose to.
    I am absolutely sure you enjoy it even though you can't really read what they're writing. Yeah, JP server is a wonderland, it is completely different, and much more comfortable.
    Lag issue is also absolutely less than you get on US server.

BUT, that's the problem we have got.

Because they've usually got enormously good connection on both sides, they obviously are used to play in a perfect connection. Even if it's just a "good" connection for us, they find it very frustrating. You must keep this in your mind.

Furthermore, sadly, including myself there are some of you who cause that bloody input lag to your poor opponents. Nash and Cyrus seem to have a good connection and have got no problem with the lag, but the rest of you have some kind of lag, which more than several JP players have already reported (to me).

PLEASE DO LET THEM QUIT ON VS SCREEN.

If they know that they will get a worse lag than a player who's got a better connection (somehow), why should they bother? You rarely get the opposite (you do occasionally) but it is horrible. We aren't really supposed to play the app anyway, we don't want invade their environment too much. So let them go when they decide to.

They're mostly modest. They don't lie about lag they don't get.
    How can I tell? I get to talk to lots of players and they're all NOT that kind of people if you know what I mean.

Some RQ's, but they're very few.
    RQers will be mentioned and recorded on Japanese form like TA, but much bigger one. Same to bad manner players who send offensive messages etc.

And I am afraid some of you have already been mentioned by them because, your responds to the complaining about the input lag were not the best you could've done.

Also, this is something I'd like to say personally, but don't put any aggressive or disrespectful captions on replays (unless they are baddies I guess) they are tough to watch because almost none of Japanese players do that.

Please be polite, otherwise all of us will be looked "unfriendly foreigner players" as a GROUP, which we aren't, and you know what happens next. (I know, it's one of the things Japanese usually do, subconsciously they're not so good at looking at an individual as an individual. Some of them need to label new things as a group..)

If there is any problem/arguments among you and your opponents, do catch me. You could PM me here or catch me on BN, I'll sort you out.

Thanks for your time, I am extremely sorry to tell you those tough matters but please don't get disheartened. I sometimes get a really good connection (on both sides), without any input lag. Good games to you & Peace.

2. FINIX00

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars

He's not keen on winning when playing friendly, even on ranked sometimes :) coolest is the best, that's his theory (he is conscious about the less damage he's getting by doing the complicated combo)

3. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I've noticed that on jap server there are alot more US people on it, with crappier connections.

(you can tell by their names and often their spammier technique)

4. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Dammit Harlequin. I could feel you thinking me ! :D. My connections are good though...they just have to deal with my scrub technique. Lol

5. Vaceotyn

Vaceotyn Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    ivwshane! Sorry for leaving after only 5 matches, played a lot today and gotta go now. Awesome games though, some of them were really close. I almost got a win there :p.

6. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Np.

You have really mastered that one combo, next is mastering feis head games;)

7. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Actually, I've seen quite a few spammy ryu/akuma. Not many cammies that mash uppercut

8. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    good games Jibba. Always fun for me to play with you. :) lets me have some more yoga lessons later :)

9. DROQQA

DROQQA Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The low tier.
    Ggs Jibba, let's finish the set one of these next couple nights!

10. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    @Finian: When I play on Japanese server (which is quite rare), I play the same way I do on US - with respect. Has anyone ever complained about YamatoXion?

11. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Speaking of which, has anyone complained about me?
    Also, I've had Jap players quit on me when I felt no lag at all. Well, quit on the vs. screen.

12. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    There are wierd customs in japan. One of my gaming friends (used to play SSF4 competitively) told me that Japanese found it disrespectful beating up corpse after the fight has ended (think versus series, or even in Arcade Mode when you can still FADC and use normals after you win)

13. TheXion

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Pfff....I remember the SF4 days when nearly all pro Japanese players would hit a corpse post-KO (especially Mago).
    These lot need to get over it.

14. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Good games guys. I'm trying to re-learn Sim after playing Abel almost exclusively for over a month. It's been a fun process and I've been doing well, but I always seem to choke against really good players, particularly TAers. I need to get back over that mental hump. They were definitely exciting matches though.

And ggs hieu.

15. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Good games Nash, it was great bumping in to you today:) Fun matches, your chun li gave me a lot of trouble):

16. nashberry

nashberry Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Great Games Wediafom :D oh~ Ur Ken is good~ b~ oh I think Chun Li is a for opponent to play guessing game character, haha oh man. Sagat is sooo hard for Sakura~ o_O can't afford to make mistakes~ haha

17. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks Nash, I look forward to play you soon;)

18. FINIX00

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars
    I don't think so:) But if there's input lag among you and your opponents, people find it difficult to play against you fair so they might quit on vs. But I don't think they've ever complained about your attitude.

I don't know, simply by looking up your BN nobody has complained about the lag. But you'd never know.. I might ask people in Japanese form who had input lag later.

It's completely up to you what to do within what you can do, but it is also completely up to people how they take it. That's why I said "I personally want to say" on the last post (about the caption on replays). If you think beating up corpse after the fight has ended isn't disrespectful, fair enough. We have a different culture and common senses. Most of people find it disrespectful to RQ, only because it's one of the common senses both cultures have.

19. Crimson

Crimson New Member

May 29, 2012
    Looking for someone to help me get better at this game. If you're willing to help add me. My game center username is BojackKing.

20. TheXion

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    By the way Finian, you mentioned their forum which is much bigger than ours, what is this website?