X-Com: UFO Defense!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bochu, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Bochu

Bochu Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Now that's a game that should be ported. It's ancient so it doesn't need great graphics and it's actually so pixelated that it will actually look better on the iPhone. Anyone remember this game? I do and would love to see it in the appstore.

2. ahcl20

ahcl20 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    UK
    That would be such a cool game to port.

Actually when Rogue Planet was first announced, I thought of X Com for some reason.

3. Rod130

Rod130 Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Wales, UK
    #3 Rod130, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
    Hear hear, I was thinking the same thing a few months ago. Although I only ever played UFO: Enemy Unknown (I think it was called that anyway - was that a sequel?)

I'm sure it'd play really well on a touch screen, maybe update some of the graphics (I seam to remeber the animations of the men walking wasn't all that fluid) and I expect the sounds will be a bit dated and could use updating but given how well The Settlers worked I'd love to see this re-made or ported.

EDIT: Quick google check says UFO Defense in the US was Enemy Unknown over here so we are talking about the same game :)

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Closest thing to it is Laser Squad (by the same developer!), which you can download for free if you buy C64... ;)

It's currently on sale for $2.99

5. zaqualieff

zaqualieff Active Member

Dec 7, 2009
    UFO was godly!

I'd write the game myself if it wasn't copyright! It was such a cool game :)