What kind of e-mail subject would you click on if you're receiving review request?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by goldlogsh, Jul 6, 2016.

1. goldlogsh

goldlogsh Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    If you're receiving tons of e-mails about game/app review request/suggestion, what kind of subject attracts you the most? Or what kind of title would you pass?

For example, if the title's like [Review Request]A super fun game *** for IOS. Definitely won't catch me at first sight, probably would not click on this one if there're a lots of other e-mails in my inbox.

But if there's something like Everyone's playing ***, what do you think? will probably cause a little curious.

So what kind of subject would you probably click on? Or what kind of subject would you definitely not look into?

2. liteking

liteking Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    You can't be more creative than the spammers. Trying to be too creative may make you look like one of them.
    So I'll stick with the [Review Request] one.

3. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Even Better: [App Name] launching [launch date] on [platform(s)]
    Treat reviewers with respect. They have 5 million app requests. "The best game made since sliced bread" as a subject would put me off... imagine all the hyperbole I'll have to wade through inside THAT email.

4. fgl_sam

fgl_sam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Engineer
    Norwich, UK
    I would agree with this. Email gets abused by so many companies I'd keep it polite, sincere and thankful. The more intriguing an email subject, the more I'll guess that it's spam.

5. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Try to write personalized emails and use the name of a person you're trying to reach in the subject line.

6. goldlogsh

Aug 13, 2015
    Seems like being upfront is the best way to send this kind of e-mail. The more professional and sincere it is, the higher chance there would be.

7. goldlogsh

Aug 13, 2015

Imagined it, this could be quite... annoying (? and like the more expectation the more disappointment. Rather be sincere and straight. :cool: