Gamebook Adventures 5 & 6 announced [update: GA 5 Out Now]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheTinMan, Jan 31, 2011.

1. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Time is marching on! Is it really the end of January already? With the first month nearly out of the way we'd like to announce our next two Gamebook Adventures titles. It's time to return again to the fantasy setting of Orlandes with our forthcoming releases of Gamebook Adventures 5: Catacombs of the Undercity and Gamebook Adventures 6: The Wizard from Tarnath Tor!

[​IMG]

GA5: "Captured by one of Orlandes City's most infamous brotherhoods, the Red Hand Guild, you are thrown to the mercy of the subterranean world deep beneath the streets of the great capital. Wading through the sewers and other dark menacing places, your goal is to reach Undercity, the City beneath the City! Only there can you find the help you need to escape this underground horror and bring down the dark brotherhood from within."

[​IMG]

GA6: "Two hundred years ago, the legendary City of Tarnath Tor was destroyed as it's defenders, the mighty wizards valiantly tried to repel an orcun horde. Now just a place set within stories and myths, it has been lost to the outside world. A chance encounter with one who claims to be a time traveller sends you on a mission to recover some magical artefacts. This search will lead you to great ruins and the dark forces who have made it their home. Who is this wizard from Tarnath Tor and how can you trust him?"

We're hoping to submit GA5 to Apple during February (available to download March) and GA6 during March (available to download April). Both will be available on iPhone, iPod Touch and universally on iPad. We'll be updating more about the gamebooks on TA and our blog as the weeks unfold. Stay tuned!

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Medianotzu will be the happiest man alive... :D

Looking forward to the books, too - especially the dungeon crawler!

3. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Great news!

4. TheTinMan

Gamebook Adventures 5: Catacombs of the Undercity is now nearing the end of our beta testing so we thought we'd show off a few screenshots of from the gamebook!

[​IMG]

GA5 is set in the dark and murky underworld beneath the streets of Orlandes City so the gamebook has a distinct grimy feel about it. Dan Maxwell yet again provides an amazing piece of cover art and fan favourite, Pirkka Harvala from An Assassin in Orlandes returns to provide a beautiful set of illustrations to accompany the exhilarating storyline written by Andrew Wright. Speaking of which, Andrew will be providing us some insight into his gamebook passions in the coming weeks, so make sure to bookmark our blog. :)

[​IMG]

If the screenshots are not enough for you then also check out our little promo video for GA5 which includes a sample of the intro animation and new soundtrack by Adrian Watkins. We'll be submitting to Apple as soon as possible and will reveal a release date in due course.

5. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    You're making me very happy again, Tin Man!

By the way, there's a link on Tin man's blog, or twitter feed, can't remember, to the blog of the writer of GA5, and it a very interesting place for all things gamebook related : http://fantasygamebook.blogspot.com/

6. JML

JML Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Home Sweet Home
    After I read the first announcement I decided to check out Gamebook Adventures and find out what gamebooks are about. I never even knew about the existence of gamebooks before. *Gasps.* I really love fantasy and ended up buying Gamebook Adventures 1: An Assassin in Orlandes. It makes for perfect bedtime reading/playing. That is, when you don't mind lack of sleep. I love the story, the art, the playing and everything else. It's amazing and I intend to get all the other Gamebook Adventures also, after I get a new iTunes card.

The video is great and really makes me want to explore the catacombs.

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Looking forward! I am a fan of GAs!

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Excellent news!

iOS is Turing out to be a great place for gamebook fans! :D

9. TheTinMan

[​IMG]

Just wanted to let you all know about a recent interview we did with the author of our upcoming Gamebook Adventures 5 title.

In gamebook circles, Andrew Wright is a well known name, contributing to a number of online resources for both Fighting Fantasy and Fabled Lands. We were really pleased to get him on board to pen our fifth title, Catacombs of the Undercity!

As is common now for our GA contributors, we asked Andrew a bunch of stuff about his gamebook passions and you can read his interview here…

10. gustave154

gustave154 Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Wow this news just made my day. With GA5 and Fabled Lands on my iPhone I will never be bored on my way to work =] Keep it up TMG!!

11. TheTinMan

GA5 submitted and PAX East news

Just wanted to let you all know that Gamebook Adventures 5 is now in submission with Apple....

[​IMG]

...in other news we just wanted to let you know we'll be attending PAX East next week. If you're coming along pop over and say hello!

[​IMG]

12. TheTinMan

Looks as though GA5 was approved faster than anticipated so we decided to release it in time for GDC happening in San Fran! There is a thread here...