Universal Traps n' Gemstones (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smes3817, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #281 Echoen, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

My device is jailbroken and I can play the game with my Dual Shock 4 but the layout seems off to me since every button can do something. I was wondering what the intended button scheme was. For science, this is how it's mapped on a PS3/4 controller:

D-pad and both v-sticks: movement
    Circle/L2: jump
    X/Triangle: attack
    Square/R2: roll
    L1: map
    R1: pause
    select/start: options

2. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Really great game, guys! It would be great if you could make it so exiting the game in the middle of a session didn't set your current score to 0 tho :(

3. krolis

krolis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PhD student
    Lausanne, Suisse
    There's a bunch of cheaters on GC. What score is legit currently? Who owns first place?
    I'm at 7k+ right now, trying to stay away from bad places like dungeons with trolleys...

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Everything above the 10,830 aren't legit at all.

5. krolis

krolis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PhD student
    Lausanne, Suisse
    Thanks for adding ;)
    So current high is 10,830... Way to go

6. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    #286 kra096, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    I already contact them. They'll be removed soon. Matt has the real top score! :)

Someone found any other cheaters on Donut Games? I already reported and Mikael removed almost all. :)

7. kordic

kordic Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Hey, I know this has probably been asked but is there any word on another game or new levels to the current one? This was so great and I am already missing it. Thanks for any info.

8. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I too would buy a sequel/expansion without a moment's hesitation. Fantastic game.

9. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Great game. So the lives are infinite and the only issue if u die is coin loss? I'm not a high score chaser so it's just one long push through!

10. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Also running steelseries stratus. Wish I could map my own as I'd do whip with r1. Jump with a, like halo

11. Dcell

Dcell Active Member

Sep 12, 2011
    seems like this game does not like my Logitech Powershell MFI controller. Only the pause button works :(

12. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Or if the game closes, but the money comes back. It's a measure of how much loot you can get in one sitting, basically.

13. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Finally got around to playing all the other donut games that I binge bought after falling in love with this one. They are all very polished, but feel a bit casual compared to my favorite donut games game: Traps n' Gemstones

If you don't have this yet, get it now!

14. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, donut games are all very well done for what they are, but most of them are a bit too simple for my tastes. I've never played a bad donut game, though, even if it wasn't my cup of tea.

Traps n' Gemstones, though... What a masterpiece! Truly one of my favorite games of 2014, and I'm not just talking iOS, either. I have a particular fondness for metroidvanias, though, so my opinion is unashamedly biased, lol.

15. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    One of the best games this year. If you do not have it yet, definitely take advantage of this awesome sale!

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bought this a few days ago and man do i feel stupid skipping on this before and choosing other titles for my one-purchase-per-week diet.

Fantastic platformer with heavy exploration elements make this one of the best on iOS.

I have progressed quite far already, and am now trying to get that emblem in the long cart ride scene. This part of the game reminds me heavily of VVVVVV's Veni-Vidi-Vici section to get the orb. :D

Having a blast playing this!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just completed the game, but im short of getting 100%. My guess is that im missing those hidden wall-doors that hide collectibles well. Maybe i should google for a complete map. :p

Overall this game's pretty fantastic, and i feel a bit bad not getting it sooner.

An easy 5-stars from me.

18. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    A gem of a game to be sure. Not too long and satisfying while your getting through it.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think the length could be better, but the game shows i had a blast playing it for a little more than 4 hours to complete the story, and that's not bad at all considering every minute was every bit of fun.