XCOM a good buy right now?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kaZangy, Oct 12, 2013.

1. kaZangy

kaZangy Member

Dec 24, 2012
    I'm glad it's on sale for such a great price, but with all the recent crashes from the new update, I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking about still buying it because the developers will probably fix it soon, but I just want some advice from you guys!

Thanks! It looks like an awesome game!

2. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm playing on ios 7.0.3 and as long as I keep the ipad plugged in I play for hours without crashes.

(The plugged in part may be coincidence).

Buy it if you like turn based strategy. Pass it by if you don't.

3. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    No!

No no no!

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Grab XCOM you have the space for it. If not, get Aliens versus Humans.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Just grab it and enjoy

6. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    It's unplayable on my iPad 2 now. Was perfectly fine before the update and iOS 7 (I dunno which one is the culprit since I updated then about the same time)

7. HungarianUrinalCakes

HungarianUrinalCakes Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    So what if it crashes? They are obviously still supporting the game and will without a doubt address the bugs at some point. It's a console quality game (a damn good one at that) and it's half price. Now is the perfect time to get it.

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Perfectly playable on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5. Both are running on iOS 7.0.2, non-jailbroken.

9. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Xcom is in my opinion the absolute pinnacle in its genre on not just iOS, but on any platform, so, yes grab it now for cheap, grab it later at full price, grab it on iOS, on Xbox or on Playstation.

Just grab it!

I haven't had many issues with the game aside for the occasional crash, but nothing a restart of my iPad couldn't fix, often a restart of the game is enough for me.

If you're playing on an iPad 2 or Mini, there might be more frequent crashes, although your mileage may vary, as there's reports from just as many people with no serious issues playing on those devices.

No matter what, I'm sure the developers is working to fix it if it's possible at all, and the game is worth a crash here and there.