Fight Team Rivals - A fun MMA management game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Peter Santha, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Santha

Peter Santha Active Member

Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce to you our new MMA iOS game called 'Fight Team Rivals', a love child of UFC & Motorsport Manager presented in a glorious retro style! It's a free pick-up-and-play MMA management game where you build & train your own team of fighters, and then compete against other players for glory & belts.

We have very recently launched in Ireland only, so if you have access to the Irish App store, please go ahead and try the game! We are in need of live players to help us polish everything up before global launch, so we would be super grateful for your support. https://appsto.re/ie/mvsQ9.i

Check out the trailer:

Features:
    • Manage your own team of fighters, mastering authentic martial arts moves across 9 disciplines.
    • Compete against your friends and challenge real opponents from all over the world.
    • Watch your fighters take to the ring in exciting, fast and furious events.
    • Huge variety of event types, from traditional tournaments to epic tag-team encounters.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are super excited about Fight Team Rivals, our very first independent project that we've been building for over 3 years now. I hope you guys will like it once it's out in your region, meanwhile please leave any comments below. We will try to answer any questions you might have!

Game website: http://www.fightteamrivals.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FightTeamRivals
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FightTeamRivals
    App Store: https://appsto.re/ie/mvsQ9.i (Ireland only)

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks cool, since it a management game do you actually control the fighters in the ring?

Too bad I don't have access to an Ireland account

3. Skylez

Skylez Active Member

May 15, 2015
    pay to win game?

4. Peter Santha

Hi dreadnok, as the boss of the Fight Team you are responsible for the training, fighting style & tactics for each of your fighters. Once the cage is closed it's then up to them to perform. :)

5. Peter Santha

We have taken great care to make sure players have access to every part of the game, and can achieve & compete without spending any money.

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I love management games, I'm really looking forward to supporting this.

7. Sniper Caz

Sniper Caz Active Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Community Manager
    Vancouver, BC
    This looks great! I LOVE the pixel art!!

8. Peter Santha

Thanks guys for the kind words! Please PM me if you would like to be part of any future beta tests.

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    If that offer is open to everyone then count me in

10. TadipmanDJ8

TadipmanDJ8 Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Great pixel art, that game looking sharp man :)

11. SUPERWEEDMAN

SUPERWEEDMAN Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Delivery Boy xD
    SoCal
    Wow i can't wait

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Count me interested after those screens!

13. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Review

So... I especially made an Ireland account for this and here are my impressions so far.
    This game is at a decent position considering it is a SUPER early beta version. I AM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THE ART STYLE AND THE GAMEPLAY ITSELF. It takes the basic core idea of Motorsport Manager and then adds it into the world of wrestling. I am totally digging the interface and layout. It is well designed for the iphone and works almost perfectly. Some things that I think could be changed:
    First the cash flow or the money you make after winning every match is TOOOOOO LOW. I beat the first two championships and till the time i got to the third, which requires 2 players, I was broke. There was no way I could find to make money so that I could level up my players. I retried the previous matches and got like 10 coins for participation. I understand the f2p method with timers and currency but after the 2 championships I think that you NEED to play to advance further. I think this is a major flaw but should be balanced- I honestly don't mind the timers so far. Second- for adding friends you really should add an option except Facebook- I see GC options but u need to be signed in to Facebook to access GC I honestly don't like that AT ALL. Finally although there are no crashes the game sometimes freezes on my phone screen- the loading screen showing the two fighters right before the simulation starts is stuck and would not advance. The only way I found to fix this is ti restart the app.
    I don't mean to be harsh it's just that I see HUGE potential in this game and even though it is free to play, I think that it can reach the same level of success and fun as Motorsport manager if the things mentioned above are fixed. Overall great game dev and if u fix some aspects before global launch it can really make it A LOT BETTER.

14. Peter Santha

Hi talwar,

Thanks very much for checking out Fight Team Rivals and for sharing your thoughts. You are awesome! Very glad you loved the art style and gameplay!

I'll try to comment a little on your points, I hope it will be useful, but please just give me a shout if anything is unclear...

Earning Coins:
    As well as trying to achieve all the stars in FTR single player events (crown icon), you can also compete against other gamer's Fight Teams in 'Rivals' mode (globe icon) and 'Quick Fight' (fist icon). In these two areas you can fight as many times as you want to keep earning money, and you should hopefully be able to earn enough to hire and train fighters quite quickly.

Finding Opponents:
    As you mentioned, 'Rivals' mode lets you play against your Facebook and/or Game Center friends. In 'Quick Fight' the game automatically match-makes your fighter against a random (real player) opponent. You can also invite 'Quick Fight' opponents to be your Rivals by clicking on their profile picture and then sending a 'Rival Invite' in their Team Popup screen. This mean you can still play with Rivals mode even if you don't want to connect with Fb or GC just yet. We'll also look into other ways to connect with friends for future updates.

Once again, thanks very much for your review, I hope my comments help address some of your concerns. Please keep in touch, honest and in-depth feedback is invaluable for us!

Thanks
    Peter

15. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Thanks

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE QUICK REPLY. It is nice to see an active and considerate developer. Thank you for answering my questions. I never saw the button you are talking about before and I see it now. Although I know that the game is relatively new so is it computer generated players or real life players that we play against. I see it know and reconsider my stance: I LOVE THIS GAME. Although what about the 'bug' I reported. It still happens and I don't know whether its my fault or something.
    Thanks once again and I wish you luck for your game. KEEP THE UPDATES ROLLING :):)

16. grayger

grayger Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Looks cool. Retro-styled MMA is nice positioning.

17. Peter Santha

Thanks very much, we're really happy you guys are digging the style of the game :)

Talwar - we're looking into your 'freeze' issues. If you also don't mind using the 'Report an Issue' link from inside the 'Options & Settings' menu that will send us your game user id which would be super useful in helping to track the problem down, thanks!

18. Peter Santha

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share a quick update on the martial arts moves we will be launching the game with. There are 6 awesome (and brutal!) disciplines to train your fighters in, each with their own set of authentic moves.

We'll be releasing more details about the moves soon, so please keep checking back and let us know what you think!

[​IMG]

19. Peter Santha

Hey Talwar, you play against real life players in 'Rivals' and 'Quick Fight' mode. The opponents in 'FTR Series' mode (Single Player) are hand crafted fighters by the dev team :)

20. Peter Santha

Hey Guys, we have been very busy improving the game, we think it's going to be great and we're really looking forward to the worldwide release. Please don't forget to PM me if you would like to try the Beta build!

Meanwhile, here is a video showing one of the title fights from the game. I hope you like it! :)