Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Weeks passed by and still nothing

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Would you Guys please stop pushing this Thread without any Reasons? I can promise you Guys that you will pay any Price as soon as the Game launch on the iTunes Store when you see it in Action.

Take a look at Skyrim. It has been Years in Development and it was worth every Month it got so take down your attitude, take a big breath and wait till this One is finish because it is worth it.

3. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Skyrim was horribly buggy and broken in many aspects. The questlines were short, and most of the sidequests felt horribly bland.

4. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    #364 Kbom, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    Your right, let's just shut this thread down, no reason to "push it" any further and lets sit down in a circle and hummmmmmmmmm........no, sorry for the THAT attitude and sorry for the sarcasm as well, I couldn't help myself, I just said: what's up doc: hardly a pushing comment in my opinion, I think it's well within my rights to ask what's going on, just as its well within the devs right not to answer

In reality I'm just being an impatoned jerk, I already know the devs are doing what they can. And I really like people to talk about there expectations, so I'm a bit childish to, I admit.

But your right about skyrim though! As buggy as it may be, I'm still playing, and I have hardly even started the main guestline! Im totlay hoocked on that game, And I'm convinced that the shadow sun will be equaly epic!

And really, I am sorry for this post attitude in the begging.

5. ADR GANG

ADR GANG Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Be patient guys, The Great Pyramid wasn't built in just a day. Likewise, a game this huge needs long time to develop and to iron out the "bugs" that we all hate and afraid of. We just can't keep pushing the developers to release a game that they haven't finish yet.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yeah epicly vaporware. No updates from the devs. Gonna wait for ravensword 2 instead.

7. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    I'm not gonna discard this game before an if the devs tell me to, I still, naiv or not, believe this game is gonna be more epic then any other!

8. 100hugo

100hugo Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    So is it still being made? I just heard about this and was excited, going to dig around for info now

9. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    There's not much info to find, not more then you can here! The devs are being secretive an silent.

10. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Well, right now it is the eve of the 35th day since they said new screenshots were coming "soon". Okay fine, i know it's too much to ask for a screenshot or a nibble of any kind, but could you please at least explain to all of us here what your definition of "soon" is?

11. 100hugo

Dec 8, 2011
    I hate It when they do that, they should talk more
    I want to see more of the maps and the storyline

12. aserotultra

aserotultra Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Soon is a relative term, lol

13. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    #373 Kbom, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Haha, that's so true,I just wonder if soon means THIS year? :D hahaha!
    Sorry Ossian, but it IS, a little bit funny!

14. 100hugo

Dec 8, 2011
    Soon is one of the most annoying words a game dev could say. Have they released gameplay vids? Storyline hints? Most importantly a WORLD MAP!!!! I must see the world map!

15. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    There's a good chance development on this has stopped altogether, probably due to loss of a lead member I'd assume. I say let this thread rest until someone reawakens it with news in the distant future. Either that or it falls into the depths of the forumspace never to see light again. For now, just forget the project exists..

16. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Maybe they are waiting to get their hands on an iPad 3 next month, and then they'll optimize the game for that, which in turn, prepares them for the iPhone 5? This is the only answer I can come up with that explains why we have no screens yet. If the above is true, this game had better be near Oblivian quality graphics or, at the VERY least, Morrowind. And just because we've had to wait so long, the game world is probably as big as either, right? Ha! Yeah, good luck!

17. 100hugo

Dec 8, 2011
    If the world is as big as oblivion or Skyrim I'll cry, big worlds are the main thing I love in a game!
    Also have they released the plot of the game and what you have to do to cure the shadow sun?

18. Luke Scull

Luke Scull Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    Nobody's left the project. We're just having issues with a rather annoying bug that is altering (that is, worsening) the quality of our NPC models. Due to this bug, we've been unable to roll out new screenshots and media.

I can't give any dates on new media or the game's release - but we're getting much closer. It's been said before, but the game has an extraordinary amount of high-quality content which has taken more time to produce than we envisaged. Work has literally been non-stop. There's just so much of it.

All I can say is that - justified complaints about lack of new information aside - all this time in development will hopefully be validated by the eventual product. Until then, feel free to roll your eyes cynically and/or give Ossian a metaphorical punch in the face. ;)

19. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    lol, nice response. What about screenshots of non-NPC filled areas? Or concept art? Personally, I'm fine with the wait - just making suggestions to appease the masses. :rolleyes:

20. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008