Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We still have 2-3 updates of new content coming ;) The free Praying Mantis hero and the alternate skin IAP pack to name 2 of them.

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    What do you mean by alternate skin? A new opening screen?

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3403 Ayjona, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
    You were right a few pages back, Foursaken. I got my wish. Oh, how I got it.

Let's see if I can wish for online multiplay in Bug Heroes/Bug Heroes Quest/A future bug heroes title hard enough... ;)

Alternate appearances for all the nine heroes (Bumblebee replaces Beetle, Mosquito takes Fly's place, etc), together with some changes in skills/basic attributes (aforementioned Mosquito loses Chance and Theft, but gains a health drain skill and Beetle's regeneration skill, for example) for each of those alternate heroes (but with the same equipment/purchased abilities), essentially giving us nine more heroes with large similarities to the already existing ones.

4. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I wonder how that would work? Would you choose your three heroes and then be given the option of the alternate skills, or would there now be like 18 characters to choose from?

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #3405 GodSon, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
    You'd choose your normal heroes with the option of changing to it's alternate skin. The alternate skin has the same abilities as the normal hero but differs in level up skills( as well as some perks ie slug is immune to poison as is Roach, etc...). You can view their hero pages on the wiki for what Foursaken_Media has already confirmed about certain hero alts.

6. Lectrolux

Lectrolux Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Tokyo, Japan
  7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yep, Godson described it pretty much right on... once you select a hero there is a little arrow button right above their portrait that you can tap to switch back and forth between the original and alternate versions.

8. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I wonder why I can't see this game in italian first 100 best games...u really should do something to promote the game in this remote country lol

9. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I would recommend fly, beetle, and then either spider or ant.
    but just experiment and find what you like...

10. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Thnx!

11. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Just say no!

That's my new motto when it comes to accepting too many quests!

Office on easy - yet all my quests were creep killers, vampire bugs, rescue 10 heavily guarded slaves, and the one about elephant snails. Try about three slave ones at once (when you finish each one, add one more), and then one each of these other ones all at once (and the vampire bugs and creep killer ones were like the second or third of each).

I had so many creeps on the screen at once I couldn't get far from my base without getting slaughtered, my maxed out cultivator turret was soooo slow in kicking out food that basically for about five rounds I was literally down to a couple of bars on my food at my base. Would get a few more pieces of food, and would have to eat them to keep my characters at about 100-200 hps (anything more and My base was making the alarm sound).

Where's those fun coin quests when you need them? All in all, pretty fun - but next time I am saying no when I can't even get across the map!

I tried fly and worm - hoping to follow someone's suggestion and nuke everyone, cashing in on fly's ability. The first time I used it was poor timing on my part and I did not have thr cooldown in time. The second time, fly got slaughtered just a second before the nuke went off.

Well, it was a fun 35 minutes. Only completed nine quests - failed several, and must have had about six on the go when I died!

I know that doesn't compare to many here - but it was still pretty intense for me.

12. LightningCloud

May 3, 2011
    Has anyone finish all of the heroes achievement's?

I can't complete ant's plasma killer award even when I fulfilled the necessary requirements for it?

Is this a bug or is there a hidden special requirement to finish it?

13. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Woot! Updating my BH.

Wow, a new game. Looking forward to it!

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Has anyone had any issues with the update (as in, game not running)? We're getting a couple reports of people saying they can no longer play after the update... please PM me if you're having any issues so we can quickly resolve them! Thanks.

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Nothing to report thus far, the update plays like a champ! ;)

If possible can you give us any teaser info on Flea(been dying to hear more on this little guy) and Wasp? :D

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    The update has been rock solid on my touch 4G running 4.3.2. Love the living room level although it goes from fun to yearghhh! in the early 20s without warning :D

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Oh yeah... lets see, wasp, flea and... whats the last one that I haven't talked about yet?

Bruce Flea (Grasshopper): This guy is hilarious... he's literally the size of a flea so he is by far the smallest hero in the game... There is just something so satisfying about bringing up this tiny bugger into the middle of a huge horde and laying waste to everything :p Its quite a sight to see him take on (and obliterate) giant Elephant Snails and the like. In terms of skills, Bruce Flea is purely offensive based, sacrificing grasshopper's health upgrade for speed, and faith for assassinate.

Wasp (Spider): One of my personal favorites, Wasp is a flying version of Spider, which swaps assassinate for stun. With Wasp's already high innate damage, being able to stun (which can combine with Self-Defense for some major clear outs) can definitely be a huge bonus in certain situations. She also flies, which makes her immune to slug poison. To compensate, her health upgrades are slightly less then Spider's.

18. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #3418 J2o, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Bruce Flea! I saw the name popping up in one of the collected history scrolls. He sounds awesome. Wasp sounds awesome as well.

I'm not sure about this issue being a big deal, but I only played the Living Room Map once after the update. Using 3GS iphone, it crashed on me once during the story dialogue in the Living Room, but after reloading, everyone was fine even though the story dialogue didnt come up agani. I was still able to last a good 20 rounds.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #3419 GodSon, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Bruce Flea FTW!!!! I can already see him being one of my new favorite characters for sure. Wasp sounds like a force to be reckoned with as well with they ability to stun and fly. Saving the best updates for last and it's all been well worth the trip! Damn I can't wait to play em. :)

One thing I wanted to ask regarding the GC achievements. In any future updates will you being giving points to all the DLC characters achievements being they are all zero at the moment?

EDIT: The last one was Mantis(which I'm sure we are all dying to hear more about) and I'm sure he's going to be a solid addition to the series. To be honest, I've had my fingers crossed that he'll be getting an alt skin like the others more than anything else. I like that you guys have been keepin him secretive because I know once he's out, he'll more than likely OWN all the leaderboards with an arsenal of solid skills, abilities, and overall pwnage. :p

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #3420 currymutton, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
    Bruce Flea?! (Woo...hoo...hoo...ho "Kung Fu Fighting" BGM coming up...) Gotta love it.

But, wait, wasp? I always think the Ladybug was supposed to be the flying spider... :rolleyes:

IIRC, the alternate skins are paid DLC, aren't they?