Spacewrights - Upcoming science fiction 2D strategy 4X galactic empire building game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JCho133, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Drake250

Drake250 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    An update

Just an update for everyone.

We're finishing up fixing bugs in the demo while we get the crowdfunding campaign ready. So you'll get to try it (on Windows) soon. If you didn't know news is posted regularly on the website spacewrights.com. You can see a ton of new screenshots and info there.

In the mean time before the demo, I'm interested in what everyones' opinion on early access. We're finalizing the reward tiers and want to see if early access should be pursued. It's a touchy subject so we figure having the community decide should help ease that tension.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Will the PC edition be available in a DRM free format as part of the Kickstarter or otherwise?

3. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    I say that there should be early access on Steam but for IOS & Android you can only do a soft launch so that could be considered as early access maybe! I really wanna test the game on a mobile though! I don't play PC games that much but when I do, I play the (Infamous) Goat Simulator which is also coming to mobile devices and tablets!

4. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Saw this thread and I was like... Hwat?

5. Drake250

Drake250 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Yes. Spacewrights should be available to all backers DRM free on as many platforms that allow it, and keys to a distribution service if possible. Likely Humble Bundle as they allow easy downloading of DRM free copies, and claiming of Steam keys (if Spacewrights can get there).

Thanks for the input. The demo will probably be Windows only, but part of the crowdfunding money will go towards a build server that will automatically create stand-alone versions of the game for each platform so we can test it easier. This would also make it easier to distribute early access builds as well.