Just picked Inotia 2. Need Advice...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GodSon, Dec 24, 2009.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I got Inotia 2 yesterday with a gift card. I have a few questions if anyone can help with any advice, tips, anything information would greatly be appreciated.

1. I started with a Templar (named GodSon) and am loving it. Any advice on skills I should focus on? I am level 7 and haven't distributed the skill points yet.

2. Which mercenaries will best complement him? I haven't got any yet. Please be as specific as possible and not just recommend which class. I like to understand why?

3. Any idea when the ranger class/update will be available? Should I hold off on playing until the update is available?

Thank you all ahead of time! ;)

I posted this in the Inotia 2 thread as well but i felt it may get overlooked with other discussion.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I just picked up a Warriors seal. I saved prior to obtaining it for the quest and noticed that it is random. What Mercenary should I get to help me out?

3. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I loaded up on guardian's will and grace skills early on. Grace will allow you to heal and Will ups your critical hit damage. The mercs i used were a priest and a mage. That provided good balance in attack and healing. I believe you have little control over what the first merc will be. Good luck and enjoy.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Cool I will definitely do that. I will get a Priest and was thinking about Theif?
    Would that be a good choice to compliment those two?

My Templar is going to be like 70/30 offense/defense. He will be a meat shield with good attack. He will have the healing ability but i wont rely too much on it. I figure a Priest is a must. Does she have any offensive attacks/spells?

5. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    You will have to let me know how the thief is. The main reason i loaded up on healing is i found that with spell recovery time the priest's healing alone was not enough. The priest also has weak attack power. That is why i stuck with the mage to round out the trio.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Im level 25 and have both parts of the hammer, yet I still don't know how to combine items...LOL. Someone please enlighten me..

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Will do Scott. A Mage as a mercanary is pretty strong? Does she have any aoe attacks?

8. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    Great minds think alike. The mage has 2 with aoe. coldwave and hellfire. You can start to learn coldwave at lv 10. There my be others but those are the ones that my merc could learn. Yes she was incredibly stong at range.

9. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    Going off memory on this. It's part of the main quest so i don't think you could miss it. I believe it's a later quest from the sage. If your concerned, try the the inotia2 thead on the game release forum. I think I was around lv 45 when I completed that one.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    One word...SOLD!

AOE spells will definitely compliment a full time healer and an offensive meatshield with the ability to heal(when necessary.)

Yes great minds do think alike. Thanks for painted me a picture of my future team. Cant wait to see it all unfold. ;)

Do you recommend maxing my Sacred blow skill? It seems to be the only attack skill for my Templar and i can see lowering defense/magic resistance complementing my mage as well as my physical attack when using it.

11. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    That's what I did, not sure how useful it really was. The name of the game with the templar class is frontline versatility, so sacred blow is a good early skill.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It's really doing a good amount of damage. Good skill to have so far at least. I can tell a huge difference using it at level2.

13. opferunm

opferunm New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    does anyone now the recipe for a magical crystal and for warriors seals?

14. barbejat

barbejat New Member

Jan 30, 2010
    #14 barbejat, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
    quest help!!!!!!

I am curently lvl 30 and im on two quests where im must find Garnel.
    These two quest are: Back to Garnel and Garnel's help.
    Can someone pls tell where i can find him

15. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    When I got inotia 2 I also started with templar and my first merc was a thief. I found my Templar was always dying while my thief never did. So not sure how well a Templar will function as a shield until you get a lot of skill points into guardian, but beware you can only add points based on level, not dump 100% into one ski right away as I had originally thought possible.

My son deleted the app when I was on the quest to go find the villages with the hammer pieces, and I lost my save. :( I have the App back on my iPhone but been distracted playing my gba games on here lol.

16. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    Look on your map. Find the place called the Sages Dwelling. Walk there.

17. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    If you had a templar and a thief, that's why you died. The second merc typically needs to be a priest. I think you would have trouble with even a knight with that combo.

18. StanleyLiu

StanleyLiu New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    You combine items by going to the gen store and using the machine that looks like a flower

19. StanleyLiu

StanleyLiu New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Magic Crystal=
    Superior Flower+
    Piece of Strength(X2

Warriors Seal

Magic Crystal
    Piece of another dimension (2)
    Piece of strength