I need a journal / diary app

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    To document my weight loss. I need to be able to add photos.

I am down 75 pounds with 75 to go, and I just realized that I should have been documenting this all along. No need for any features other than the ability to document and add photos from my camera roll.

Any suggestions?

2. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #2 Echoen, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Virtual high five for that 75! Another 38 weeks or so and you're done! ;) I've got a few apps in mind:

Collect - Free - Take a photo and add notes. You can change the date and edit anything else freely. Probably all you need for what you're trying to do.

Heyday - Free - Automated journaling. Grant it access to your camera roll and locations (all private till you feel like posting it yourself) and it creates an entirely visual journal for you in chronological order. Rather simplistic in adding text but it's hassle-free automation. Plus you don't pay a single cent.

Day One - http://dayoneapp.com/ - $4.99 - Journal. A top app of 2012. It's on my wishlist since I don't exactly need it but reviews are good. Still getting updates and it's also on Mac.

Other journaling apps to consider: Momento and Everyday Timeline.

1 Second Everyday - $0.99 - It'd be cool for you to document your progress by taking 1 second from every day (be it a video, photo or text) and compiling it all into a video. Also on Android with a 30-day free trial (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.touchlab.android.onesecondeveryday)

3. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I recommend Day One

I'm gonna PM you a promo code for it.

4. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    I saw that one..... Seemed like a huge app for me. But thank you.... Both!

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I also recommend day 1.
    I love it.

6. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Day one recommendation here too. Got in when it went free a while back (I don't really have a need at the moment but am thinking about starting a diary type thing)

7. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    I DL'D Day One... TY

8. JohnnyHand

JohnnyHand Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I like Noteshelf - not exactly just limited to a journal, but it's like having an infinite number of searchable notebooks (you can load your own custom pages too).