Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Videotape, Mar 26, 2011.

1. gstreetghost

gstreetghost New Member

Apr 12, 2011
    West Village, NYC
    Wait....which precipice? And which side? I'm at 92% now too--I've defeated all 3 trigons but it seems I still have the missing dark-haired girl (aka Logfella's significant other) to find and the summit-of-mingi taw-swirling-infinite-martyrdom stuff yet to complete. Archetype hinted "dark moon reigns" so I time-paradoxed that via the grotto but still can't find any precipice where this happens on side A or B...
    What am I missing?
    (Btw GREAT thread)

2. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Highlight below:
    He means the precipice in the trigon grove, after you've activated all 3 beams go to the top, stand on the precipice and raise your sword to be transported to Mingi Taw and the final section of the game.

3. tiglionabbit

tiglionabbit New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I think it's a shame that people here are advising people who completed the dark moon phase before fighting the boor that they should restart their game. They can still complete the game using the cheating cheater's method, or by waiting for the next full moon. I suppose that loses you a few percentage points for not getting the moon grotto key, and the boor is a pretty cool guy to fight, but starting over sucks :p.

4. CHANibus

CHANibus Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Still stuck. Any help. I have a bright moon currently.

5. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Thanks for all the tips! Finally got through the part(s) I was stuck at.

6. DAISHI

DAISHI New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    For those who finished the game,
    The transmission part is pretty genius, wish I'd finished this game back in March so that I wouldn't realize what the transmission was.

For those of you unaware of numbers stations, the transmission is a copy of a numbers station's style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdnoAJ7KoFE is an example of a numbers station. You can jump ahead to 1:10 in the video to really get a sense of how similar they are.

7. Larf

Larf Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    #107 Larf, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
    how do i regain my health when i die. im being forced to refight the gold trigon with only 1 star of health...

8. aurorajorealis

aurorajorealis Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Artist Liaison @Superbrothers
    Toronto
    Hold up your shield for about 8 seconds while in battle to regain a star. Consult the Megatome for such tips.

9. Larf

Larf Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Thank You! this will help me a lot

10. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    DoeS twitter affect the end of the game?

11. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Twitter has no effect on the game at all.

12. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I've scoured this whole thread and found no answers. I'm at 43% and I don't know what what to do.

Here: I've spoken with the three Ghosts, and one mentions how he changed something in the "DATE AND TIME" Settings. Then I noticed the 'Girl' thinking about being in the Dream world the hour before dawn. So I've gone ahead and changed my clock to just about every different hour and nothings changed! Then I changed the date to all the official 'New Moon" dates, but the moon didn't change. Can someone please just give me a hint? I don't want the answer, just a hint. Thanks!!!

13. TigerXtreme69

TigerXtreme69 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    So I was dreaming in the moon grotto and freeing some sprites or what have you when the moon changes phases on me. Do I seriously have to go back to the moon grotto to change the moon back to full to complete the full moon sprites on side b? I guess what I'm asking is is there any other way to change the moon phase besides waiting and going to the moon grotto?

14. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    In ur first battle against the wolf thing, can u dmg it by hitting it with ur sword? Cuz I wasn't able to so I just blocked it with my shield...

15. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I couldn't hurt it myself, it just walked away on me.

16. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You have to use the sword instead of the shield as soon as he is attacking you. You don't need your shield at all here. A sound is giving the signal for the perfect time to attack. But one strike before death the wolf will leave.

17. How do you...
    Defeat the third stage
    of the triangular thing in part 2?

18. robamaru

robamaru New Member

Apr 23, 2011
    #118 robamaru, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    Hi, i am stuck at the last Bright Moon Sylvan Sprite (at the Titanic Tree). You go into sworcery mode and tap the trees surrounding the titanic tree but it does nothing and i cant scan left or right to see the trees 'off screen'. The most trees i can see is 2 on either side of titanic tree but i cant get anywhere with them. So frustrated now.

*edit* im a damn idiot. I got it now :)

19. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #119 dyscode, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    I found a very easy way to win every fight.
    I consider this a spoiler:
    Just shmash the shield fast rapidly, the scythian either blocks or evades. repeat until the clearly presented opportunity arises to strike back

This works everytime but for the Trigon battle stage 1 & 2, since you cannot block.
    In stage 3 use the technique above, works though.

BTW: when you leave the Moon Grotto the camera zoom in where the sky and the moon.
    That is - should be if the view wasn´t blocked by a thick of trees!
    WTF!? am I missing something?

20. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    What does the code stand for??