PS3 Controller Support (WIP)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by AhMan, Oct 22, 2012.

?

Using PS3 Controller for iOS games?

1. Not interest in using the PS3 Controller.

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. I like to use the PS3 Controller, but will not jailbreak my iOS device for this.

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. I will use the PS3 Controller to play games on iOS, but only if its free.

22 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I will purchase such as app for a reasonable amount in order to use the PS3 Controller.

30 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I really wish I could do that without JB

2. spik3yBen

spik3yBen New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Tbh sounds like JB is the only way to map the button presses etc

3. AhMan

AhMan Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Just a little update. I've been busy lately and haven't done much work on it since my last post. I'm now resuming to work on the project. I hope to have it ready for a release before X'mas. This is only my best estimate based on the current situation.

PS. As I've previously mentioned, I was planning to provide mapping of screen touches to controller buttons. However, there is an app in Cydia named blutrol which provides the exact functionality. I'm now thinking of dropping screen touches mapping in my app. You can use both of my app together with blutrol to map screen touches to buttons, so that the PS3 controller can work for most games.

4. elgingo

elgingo Member

Nov 22, 2012
    If your using blutrol are going to be including analog stick support?

5. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Regardless, this is a fantastic idea for an app that would make a lot of games (and this is a fighting game fan saying this) a lot more playable.

6. EeeK

EeeK Active Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Any updates or is this dead?

7. Bluesnake4

Bluesnake4 New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Been looking for this exact tweak. Would be brilliant if you got it on the store!

Please continue your work on this it would be appreciated by alot of people.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    No jail breaking 4 me! Nah, not gonna do it.

9. AhMan

AhMan Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Guys, sorry for lack of updates. I wasn't able to work on the app for the past couple of months due to some unforeseen circumstances. I've just resumed working on it again recently. ATM, there is a compatibility issue with iOS 6 which will need to be resolved first. I don't have an ETA yet. I'll try to post back if I've more info. Thanks all for your understanding.

10. EeeK

EeeK Active Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Does it work on IOS 5? If not, why not make it work first before fixing the compatibility issue with IOS 6.

For the work that you've done, there might be another compatibility issue with IOS 6.1.1.

11. AhMan

AhMan Member

Oct 21, 2012
    The problem is I've already upgraded my iPad 3 from iOS 5.1.1 to 6.1. Currently, there is no way to downgrade an iPad 3 to 5.x. My another iDevice is an iPhone 5 which is also at iOS 6.

12. WhizZz

WhizZz New Member

Feb 8, 2013
    I read in your video you will map the buttons (like Blutrol) but will the analog sticks work?

13. AhMan

AhMan Member

Oct 21, 2012
    I'm currently emulated iCade. That is, both the PS3 D-Pad & Left Analog stick are mapped as iCade stick. The PS3 Right Analog stick is not used atm.

14. apugh1993

apugh1993 New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Do you have an estimate on how long before you finish?

15. AhMan

AhMan Member

Oct 21, 2012
    #35 AhMan, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    The current problem is actually caused by the latest BTstack on Cydia with regard to PS3 Controller connection. The BTstack author Matthias Ringwald is aware of the issue. However, I've no idea how long for the problem to be fixed. But once the BTstack is fixed, it shouldn't be long for my release.

16. Waz

Waz Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    I'm really looking forward to this, is there a chance that in a future version we'll be able to use the right analog stick? It would be awesome to be able to use it to aim in shooting games like Modern Combat and N.O.V.A.3!

Keep up the great work, I will continue to look forward to it's release!
    :D

17. Since the Gameloft duo gamer can use both analog sticks like in Nova and Modern Combat, can you use this protocol in your playstation joystick app?

18. AhMan

AhMan Member

Oct 21, 2012
    The BTstack author, Matthias Ringwald told me that he will release an update to the Blutrol app with support for PS3 Controller in about a month. My app is based on his BTstack and will not be possible without it. I don't want to compete with his product and have decided not to release my app to the public. Please be patient and wait for his updated Blutrol/BTstack. Thanks for your understanding.

19. mkid

mkid New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Just wanted to give you a quick reply to let you know I appreciate your effort on this. Been watching for a few weeks and had to register at the forum to let you know it means a lot that you're putting the work in to get the PS3 controller happening. Thanks buddy!

20. Keudn

Keudn New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    This sounds awesome! using this with splashtop 2 would be amazing because I could play battlefield 3 and crysis 3 on my ipod and ipad :D please keep up the good work, I cant wait for this to be finished!