I might give in and download iOS 7

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dariusjr98, Dec 10, 2013.

1. But I heard certain games don't work well with it. And my sister, who also has an iPhone 4, says iOS 7 makes her phone move much slower. I'm surprised they even gave A4 devices the option to have iOS 7. Would you recommend I install it?

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Ummm I mean I know people who have it on iPhone 4 and their phones became horribly laggy

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're absolutely dying for it and can deal with the slowdown

3. wolfie9090

wolfie9090 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Hell no, if it's iPhone 4 then 7 will kill you with lag and delayed app opening DONT DO IT BRO

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Do not do it. I have an iPhone 4 running 6.1.3 and it's quite slow. As stated above, this will pretty much f$@$ your phone. I installed iOS 7 on my mini and could tell that it slowed down.

5. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    iOS 7 is death for the iPhone 4.

6. I knew it! Thanks guys, I just wanted to be sure.

Besides, I'm absolutely satisfied with iOS 6.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Without iOS 7, you will miss out. More and more new games require iOS 7.

8. I doubt it. It's no where near enough for me to get it. I'm not missing out on anything, and won't anytime soon.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #9 undeadcow, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Game compatibility is the only reason I "updated" to iOS 7... but hypothetically it's just as possible iOS 7 will end up wrecking just as many games (I haven't heard of many games iOS 7 kill). Otherwise I can't think of a compelling reason to favor iOS 7 (but iOS 7's large folder sizes are nice).

10. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There are two killer features that I enjoy using on iOS 7, its multitasking bar and the new spotlight.

It is so much easier to kill apps whenI just have to slide them out of the bar instead of trying to hit the tiny "x" icon in the corner.

Spotlight is also easier to use as it is now available at every page instead of having to scroll to the first page then scroll back another page.

Spotlight becomes necessary as it is hard to make out app labels on my 5C and rMini.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Spotlight is more convenient, it took me forever to figure out what happened to search but the new implementation is nice.

12. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Isnt there a way to revert back to ios 6 from 7? I would only miss the wuick flashlight