Did I Price Correctly

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by NextGenEntertainment, May 22, 2011.

1. NextGenEntertainment

May 11, 2011
    iPhone Developer
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm going to work on a 2D sushigorround type game. I priced the client at $2,700. Did I price right? The project will take me approximately 4 months, but I will be working on several projects during those 4 months. Opinions?

2. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Assuming you're giving them the whole source code to do what they want with it, that sounds very under-priced to me. On the other hand, if you're looking to generate some references and get experience working on a project like this, it could make sense.

3. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    It depends on a lot of things. What quality you're aiming for? Do you have to create all the graphics yourself or is there a separate artist? Will you have to support the game (fix bugs, update to new iOS versions..) after release? Do you sell the source code too or the binary only? Without having any details, I'd say it's a low price for a full quality game.

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    You priced it good.. Right? How should someone know except you yourself.

You know youre time estimates, your cost of living etc and what your time is worth to you..

If you live in india, china, russia etc this is more than substantial money for 4 month on the side developement..

So charge what you think you are worth and keeps you competive on your skill level

5. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    awesome, I might hire you next :)

6. NextGenEntertainment

May 11, 2011
    iPhone Developer
    #6 NextGenEntertainment, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    Thank You!

Hello Everyone,
    I am giving the client the binary, & I am hiring an artist myself. I am basically recreating this game for the iPhone - http://www.miniclip.com/games/sushi-go-round/en/ but with different food types. I expect for this to be a 3 month project & top quality. I feel like I should price myself below the rest & get a lot of work ;) Also, regarding updates to the app: I will completely update the entire app for about $600 each update. I am a 2D game developer if anyone is interested & develop for the iPhone, iPad, & Mac.

Thank You All For Your Opinions,
    Matt
    [email protected]