Games for ages 2-3?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jorlen, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    My daughter is almost 2 and 1/2 now and she's fascinated by our idevices.

I put some apps on my old 3GS and put a nice rugged case on it and we use it together every now and then to play some apps.

I only have a few now, one where you build a monster (draw on it and then feed it) and others that have you draw numbers and alphabets.

Do you guys have kids of similar age that use some games? If so, which ones? I'm looking for recommendations. Nothing complex, like I said, she's only 2 and a half.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Here's some our daughter enjoyed:

My PlayHome (Store/School)
    Toca Boca (especially Tea Party, Store, Hair Salon 2, Birthday Party & Kitchen)
    Mermaid (princess/fairy) Fashion Show

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Both kids really love the Toca Boca games, especially Toca Hair Salon 2 and the Toca Pet Doctor (which is really only good for smaller kids) games, and I think they are creative. My son is three he briefly enjoyed Super Ox Wars (probably any side scrolling shooter with automatic movement and shooting would work).

When my daughter was younger (but probably older than 3) she enjoyed Punch Quest. It's simple tap mechanics were 'easy' for her and she got a kick out of coins flying when she 'beat' some levels.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    My kids love Endless Alphabet and Bug and Buttons.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My son (1.5yo) likes fruit ninja. He identifies apples too which is his favorite fruit.

Also, my son knows the big four in the avengers as well as Ultron, so i let him play a little bit of Marvel Future Fight.

Marvel Future Fight has a character preview mode which shows their animations using taps, and rotates them with swipes which essentially makes it a pseudo Toy Mode. In weak missions i sometimes just do autoplay using his favorite characters Ultron, Hulk and Iron Man and he enjoys switching between characters and just watching them mostly.

The only downside is that if he has his Avengers toys close by he hits the ipad using his toys to make them fight. LOL

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Some really good suggestions here, most of which I hadn't thought of or found in my other searches.

Thanks boys!

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    A great one I forgot: Wrestle Jump!