What's the best game review you've read in the app store

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Feb 27, 2011.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

By that I mean most hilarious, stupid or profound.

2. dogface

Just realised you can't copy and paste reviews on an iPod touch. Dear oh dear. Enviro bear has some pretty hilarious reviews.

3. dogface

I forgot to put a question mark in the title. Damn.

4. PES (6 quid)
    Just bought it so I could write this review.Looks good but won't be playing it it is just not in my liking even though I have not played it.

5. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

A review I saw today for tiny wing when i was posting mine

"Gud game but sud b free" - 2 stars. I was dumbfounded after seeing that.

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Well now that gameloft does IAP full versions I see alot of reviews suddenly saying it's way overpriced and should be a max of 4$... (Totally don't agree with that!)

7. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Yeah, someone said Gameloft was "cheap" after demanding the IAP price to be lowered.

8. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Tons of Battleheart reviewers seem to not know that you can replay levels you've already passed. Plus, check out this guy's review:

"Might be the worst game I've ever played on the iPod touch. The 1st level is impossible and it's so repetitive. DO NOT BUY"

Wow, he says it's repetitive after giving up on the first level. If mentally challenged people stopped buying strategy games, Battleheart would have five stars in the App Store.

PS, it's hilarious to see other reviews people like this have written in iTunes by clicking on their name.

9. Der-Kleine

#9 Der-Kleine, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    An Aralon review:

"Horrible (3 Stars)

This ap os pl nut it nds better graphcs n eser missions oops i mean quests the prce is wy to hi if someone made it 3.99$ it would be a gd prce dont buy ths ap"

Yep, people need to learn how to write, think, and make realistic requests. Oh, and not expect everything to be cheaper than a sandwich.

10. This app is not good(?) it needs better graphics and easier missions oops I mean quests. The price is way too high. If someone made it 3.99, it would be a good price, don't buy this app.

The first part was very hard to translate @.@

11. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Wow im impressed where did you learn to speak moron?

12. Through reading many bad app store reviews xD

13. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    #13 vbxz47, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    I like the people who say: I'll rate this one star for the icon, or the music, when they have to rate at least one and don't have an option, that's pretty great.

Falling Fred has some good ones.

The Canabalt review where the guy says I'll try jumping rooftops once I get to 2000m.... Well he's probably dead. And if you don't like enviro-bear, your a communist.

14. Der-Kleine

Strange, I'm quite sure TA changed my post, because it was "This ap is ok but it nds better grphcs (...)"

15. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I know at least half the bad reviews on modern combat are CoD fans wanting it to be exactly like CoD saying it needs everything Black ops and Modern Warfare 2 have. The Appstore should make people take an IQ test before there allowed to post reviews.

16. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Does the guy not realise he is on a computer. Why did he not just delete the words. Although it could be worse, he could have tried to tipex out the mistake.

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm pretty sure he wrote that with his iPod..you can submit submit reviews that way too if you didn't know.

18. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Just read some of the Tiny Wings low ratings...
    Other people say all the good ratings are fraud and apple should investigate and remove the app..........some give 1 star for no retina and the rest seem to just be mad it beat angry birds....

19. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Harharhar what a joke