Universal Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #1 Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    STC4.jpg
    An Amiga classic reborn, Tennis Champs Returns!

20 years after the original Tennis Champs and Super Tennis Champs hit the Amiga, this is Tennis Champs brought bang up to date.

Remade completely for iOS by the original programmer, using the original characters and animation combined with all new physics, AI, touch friendly controls and a great new Career mode.

Career mode pits you against a field of 200 Tennis Pros on a full world tour packed with Events. Can you climb the rankings, win the major titles and be declared the True Tennis Champ?
    STC2.jpg
    STC3.jpg
    STC1.jpg

Brought to you by Uprising Games, creator of the multi Million downloaded Super Soccer Champs series.

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I want this now!!!!!! I loved the original and can't wait to play it. Do you need beta? If yes then I'll happily do it

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    It's in submission now. Hopefully out before Xmas..

Odd time for a Tennis game, yes! But let's not forget in a massive 50% of the worlds Hemispheres it is still summer!

There will be a tune up / tweaks update before the Aussie Open in January, and more throughout the coming year.

Multiplayer is a distinct possibility :)

4. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    This (with Active Soccer Deluxe) is the game I am the most waiting for! There are absolutely no good tennis game on iOS (well there are maybe one or two but those are too old now). And the retro style is just what we needed.

5. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Will the career mode include the possibility to play the Davis Cup for our country? Even better, when you play home the Davis to have the possibility to choose the surface!

6. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Last question (well for now ^^) we'll there be the real players? Like Roger (for Federer) or Stan (for Wawrinka)? And finally will the ball ever hit the net or go out if we don't play the ball well or will it be a 100% arcade just like Virtua Tennis which means that it won't be challenging? I really hope the ball can go out or hit the net once in a while to make the whole game more challenging and real. Otherwise it will me like a better looking pong (Virtua Tennis isn't that fun).

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #7 Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Oh, you can definitely miss and hit the net :) The game is a wee bit hardcore, and I'll probably have to lessen the difficulty a bit..

Will probably now be softlaunching (likely Ireland) and doing a full release in January to coincide with the Australian open for the best chance of some coverage.

The characters are first names only fictional, but one or two may pass some resemblance to real players, completely coincidentally of course :)

There's no Davis cup in there, it's possibility in a future update though.

*OFF TOPIC* Of course you should also be looking forward to Super Soccer Champs '16 in 2016 too! All new character sprites and gameplay, and it's currently feeling fantastic.. (if I do say so myself..)

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Basic controls.. Your character has many attributes that effect the shot, how well you can control incoming power etc. and the timing of your input can make all the difference.

STCcontrols.jpg

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    SSC is among my favourite football games! Will there be the J-League again? If you need help I can update the players' data for you. Also if you could include the J2 and J3 I'll do the data for you.

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I think it would be a lot better to soft launch in Canada! ;) :)

11. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Soft launch it in Taiwan or Japan please!!!!

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'll take that on board.. would be good to pick at least one southern hemisphere country to soft launch in after what I said about it being Summer! :)

13. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Elton, makes sense to softlaunch it here in Australia then. Most meaningful given the AU Open is just around the corner.

PLEASE DO NOT lessen the difficulty and leave hardcore as an option for us hardcore fans!!! Perhaps add 'easy' difficulty setting but PLEASE make it optional only.

Too many games are becoming casual for the wrong reasons.

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You might have noticed the games not out yet :)

I got some really good feedback from a play test, and there's a few things I want to address. Will be making a bit more of the training minigames in Career, and doing a little restructure.

The career mode did hamper the player a bit too much with their character being poor (low abilities) while at the same time the player hasn't acquired the skills to play well yet. So there is some rebalancing to do there, and a bit of a softer lead in using the minigames to teach how to play well.

This should be finished in the next week, and then will try and get launched before the Aussie Open.

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Please tell me I can play this in USA. I'm not a tennis fan but this brings a game I played 20 years ago with everything I ever wanted in the game. Brilliant work . I'm so pumped for all the modes u added . How much will it cost ? If less than $10 I'll donate $10 at least in iap if there are any.
    I didn't see if you were doing any testing or not ... If you are I would love to help with feedback

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I want this right now :)
    good thing it's close to launch cuz this is the style of tennis game I want!
    Great work and you can count me in for support. I too am looking forward to active soccer deluxe but will def check on soccer champs 16 too thanks for the info and good luck this should be a winner! Any soccer game not named FIFA is worth trying out! Also a good tennis game without stick people :)

17. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I want this one and the new football game right now too ^^

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Sorry just made the connection uprising games yes I have SSC 14 so can't wait for the new soccer game too. Bought the last one and it was great.

19. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Yeah this can't come out soon enough.

I'd be happy to donate more than cost of entry to you Elton, once released. Priceless childhood memories with this one!!!

And yeah SSC 16 is going to be amazing with new physics engine. Trailer looks brilliant!!!

Happy New Year everyone.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys! Really helps to hear people looking forward to it while I'm putting the long hours into getting it finished :)

I've got a good feeling about it, but have to make sure it's *just right*..