Which is the right place and what's the right time to post about my game in TA?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by RammmSK, Mar 12, 2017.

1. RammmSK

RammmSK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Hey there,

I am about to submit my first mobile game to APPLE next week. I wanna get some players attention before that.

I don't find any other better place than TA forums for a small indie mobile games.

Here are the few doubts,

My game does support iOS and tvOS, should i post about my game in both Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games as well as Apple Tv Games?

Btw, whether can i move the thread from upcoming iPhone games section to iPhone games section once it gets released? Or do i need to repost it?

Your suggestions should also help my game get reviewed by TA.

Cheers... :cool:

2. curiousaaron

curiousaaron Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Art Department Head
    Nampa, ID
    +1 Yeah, what are TA admin's feelings about cross-platform? A post for each one?

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Thanks for checking.

1. Yes - Create a thread in both the upcoming and the apple TV forum.

2. When the game is available on the appstore, post a new thread in the iPhone games forum. Include the game name in the subject. You can't rename the thread so type it in carefully. Also, avoid using words like "Out Soon" in the thread title, as that requires the thread to be renamed by moderators later. You can add a tag to your thread to automatically display the US appstore information. To see how that's done, hit the QUOTE button as if replying to someone else who has done it. Look for the "AppInfo" tag. There is sometimes a delay before the appstore information is pulled down and displayed. That's normal. The upcoming thread is not moved to the released game forums.

3. If you choose to give away any promo-codes, please post them in the promo codes forum, not in the released game thread(s).

4. For cross platform games, do a thread for each platform.

5. To request a front page TA review for a new game, email [email protected]. The email should be concise and explain why the game is different / interesting / worth reviewing.

Hope this helps.

4. RammmSK

RammmSK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Thank you so much Red1! :)