Backing Up Save Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Therock500, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Therock500

Therock500 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Does iTunes backup save games If so how do I do this.. also if I delete a game say Shadow guardian can I install it again say a week later and continue from where I was previously.

2. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    iTunes automatically backsup all app data when you sync your device. That means that if you need to restore or if you get a new device that you can restore or setup from your backup and you wont lose any data. However, if you delete a game and then reinstall it again later you will not have any of your data and the game will have to be started fresh. The only way to delete an app and then later reinstall it and restore your saved data is if you are jailbroken.

3. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    That's not entirely true. iTunes keeps all of your backups and the only way for you to lose any backup is by deliberately deleteing them. Problem is, I'm not jailbroken and I don't have a clue as to how to restore my old backup with my completed Final Fantasy and Chaos Rings save game files in it. Can someone help me? I reckon I can restore my iPhone to the backup file that I want, but I will lose all of the save game files of all of the games I've been playing after said backup right? So I've just done another backup (latest, with all the games with saves in it installed) and I'm wondering what will happen if I were to restore to the old backup (with FF and CR saves) and then restore again with the latest one? Would I keep all the save game files from both backups?

Thanks!