Any games like The Silent Age?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nemerleb, Feb 8, 2015.

1. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Not necessarly with time travelling mechanics. But atmospheric, with a cool art style and funny dialogues.

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Lost Echo is by far more slow paced point and click game but also has that funny dialoges and an interesting story and good graphics (with the exception of the character models), I'd recomend it.
    BTW: I finished The Silent Age a few hours back, amazing game :D

3. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion. Even though it was on my radar I was turned off by some reviews that stated it wasn't that good. Now you're making me wish I got it back when it was on sale. I'll surely check it out now. The dialogues are that good?
    The Silent Age showcases that the most simple unpretentious games can have thr most charm and personality. Also I loved some jokes when you try out different things. Here's hoping the dev is hard at work on his next project.

4. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    The dialoges are honestly a mixed bag, while some have good and quite funny jokes and even references to other games, others are a bore to push thorough and not even good.
    Despite them, Lost Echo is quite good and even I heard that the devs are making a free DLC for it.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to Lost Echo... One of my favorite adventure titles on iOS.

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Gemini Rue has pitch perfect dialogue, more atmosphere than the O-Zone layer, and a very cool story; the rub is you have to be able to live with mid-'90s PC point and click style graphics.

7. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Oh I definitely played that one and loved the hell out of it (especially those Cowboy Bebop easter eggs). Here's hoping Wadjet ports Resonance too. I heard the first 3 eps of Blackwell got released, but I'll stick to the superior Steam versions since they have achievements.

8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Games you really should try, cause both have awesome humor and great references to other adventure games.
    The Great Fusion
    The Inner World

I can't understand why other members listed so bad adventure games. Go with quality mate.

9. PlomX

PlomX New Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Point and click games

Lost Echo is definitely not bad, but it is paid from the beginning to the end. Try Mutants vs. The Chosen - part one is completely free, no ads, no in app purchases and things like this:):(:).

10. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    The Journey Down is really good.

11. XSvanstrom

XSvanstrom New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Game developer, illustrator
    Bristol, UK; Portland, OR, US
    Thank you!

I finished The Silent Age a couple of days ago and loved it, despite the gloom that descended upon me... eventually (please make a sequel HoF!).

Thank you lot for recommending Lost Echo. Will give it a go now.

For something more involved, and on a different platform, Dreamfall Chapters has been magnificent. TLJ and the original Dreamfall are essential to play before chapters, IMHO.

The Lifeline series is really Good too. I like the fact that it's a text adventure because it exercises my creativity (you know, picturing characters w/o visual aids, havng your own version of the locations and sounds in your head). Loved Her Story as well.

Again thanks for the recommendation (Lost Echo--cool name). :)

Cheers!

Xan