"not best" ipod games in apple commercial

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Jan 11, 2010.

1. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i keep seeing ipod commercials on TV, but the games that they feature are not always the best or have the best graphics. some are good but i think that apple should actually look at what they have in the app store and choose some better titles to feature, or at least ones with better graphics

here are the games they show:

Top Gun
    Real Racing
    Monster Trucks Nitro
    3D Roller coaster Rush
    Touch Hockey
    Homerun Battle 3D
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour
    Slope Rider
    Bugdom 2
    Aqua Moto Racing
    Finger Foos
    2XL Motocross
    Rolando
    SGN Golf
    Fast and Furious: Pink Slip
    Nanosaur 2
    Platypus
    Wave Blazer
    Low Grav Racer
    Touch Sports Tennis '09
    Burning Tires 3D
    Touchgrind
    Drum Kit
    Flick Fishing
    Snail Mail

What games do you guys think should be featured on the ads?

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    they'd want apps that would catch someone's eye when shown for only a second or two. Touchgrind would be good, rolando, flick fishing, top gun, real racing

3. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Ravensword, N.O.V.A., Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manner...

4. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    yes! all good suggestions. i think they should show beat it and tilestorm. also, omg pirates and parcel panic. peggle, geodefense, blimp, orbital also.

5. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
  6. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    maybe flight control too

7. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Most of the games with "Good Graphics" are the one's that use Virtual controls like a virtual control stick and buttons. I think Apple is trying to promote "fun" with games that have inovative controls, rather than good graphics.

8. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I think they also want people to notice its accelerometer capabilites, so some flying and racing games should be included

9. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i agree. but they could at least choose ones with better graphix:rolleyes:

10. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I think they are trying to highlight games that are universally appealing to all gamers and that can be recognized as quality in a very short period of time. Most of those games are performing recognizable tasks, if I saw a 3 second snipit of Spider or Eliss I would be like WTF?

That being said they should feature Jet Car Stunts, Labyrinth 2, and Eliminate

11. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    lol I'm walking through the subway station in new york and I see a long line of identical iPod touch posters. one of the games shown is asphalt 4 :p
    they also had nanosaur 2, real soccer 09 (I think), snail mail, and I forget the rest

12. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    hahaha. so i guess the ads really do have influence on what new ipod users buy, eh?:rolleyes:

13. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    hahah. ur right:p

14. CAPTAINK555

CAPTAINK555 Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Area 51
    your so right. I think they should show pocket god doodle jump minigore nova zombieville ganstar and some other good games.

15. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    They definitely need to put Avatar, NOVA, and Glyder 2 on their next commercial. I can't think of more catchy-looking games than these.

16. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Def meteor blitz, beatmaker (i liek), jellycar 2, fieldrunners, nfs shift, ishoot (or kil.a.ton), tetris, rock band (would draw LOTS of attention), and yeah. maybe rhythm racer cause it is free and like audiosurf :)

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I don't get why they don't show COD: Zombies. They can show scenes without the blood. I think if someone saw that on a commercial, they'd be that much more influenced to buy it. In fact, when my friend got his iPod, that was his first purchase. Others that would really look good:

NFS: Shift
    Doom Classic
    Rock Band
    Doom Res
    Modern Combat: Sandstorm
    Asphalt 5
    NOVA
    Zombieville
    2XL ATV Offroad
    Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles (just because it's an entire DS game)
    C64 (It's an entire system on the iPod touch... come on...)
    Resident Evil 4 (smooth even on a 1g)

while there are many other great games out there, I don't think they'd make you want to buy the device alone

18. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    true that, especially Eliss, my friends were always confused as heck when they saw my playing. I don't even remember how I learned to play because people here often commented on how they didn't know what to do

19. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I found it to be quite interesting, it's not that bad really, it's just that Apple cannot show any violence in comercials

20. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Oh yeah, I'd say like show the level in Zombies, and maybe a zombie walking at you just to show that it is in fact, Nazi Zombies.

As for NOVA, there's not that much and again, you could do the same thing of running through the levels without shooting. And I have a whole list of other games that work fine.

Plus, wasn't there a blood option in NOVA? From what I remember you could turn it off, and I don't think there's an issue with a bloodless FPS being shown in a commercial.