Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I do not understand that myself. That is a lot of friends sounds like you do not need anymore that is a lot of people I see your problem now. Yes it would be good if they did that for the people that have so many friends. Wow I have trouble making sure i give everyone that I have a gem I really do not have many maybe 10 if that. Good luck on the dragons. Maybe BF is reading and they will fix that for all of us.

2. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    I bought the habitat, but I am trying to get a Peridot first, because the Seasonal is most likely not limited.

The Seasonal is one of my favorire dragons. "It has a tree on it's head!" was my reaction when I first saw it on the Dragonvale Wiki. :)

3. Playswithpaper

Jul 28, 2012
    You will not believe my luck....

I have 2 of each Oly with a display egg of each and a Peridot and a display egg also. Never seem to have trouble breeding the special dragons. Had a lot of trouble with Ruby, but not with the newer dragons.

However, I cannot for the life of me get Panlong, Rainbow, Sun, Gold or Moon. I have been breeding for Panlong and Rainbow since I got my second Peridot. I was trying to get Panlng before the Oly's came along too. Lots of fails too.....

So you can imagine my surprise when I finally saw a 48 hour incubation time this morning!!! I have been collecting gems from the Colosseum, races and gifting and decided to speed it up because I was so excited about finally getting one of the dragons. Imagine my surprise when I got an egg I had never seen before :eek:

Yup, that's right...I got a Seasonal without even trying :D Didn't even know about them yet!! I of course sped up the incubation process too :) Gets 316 gems a minute at level 10, which is the highest I have at the moment I believe.

BTW... I used level 10 Blazing and Swamp on the breeding island. Good luck all! And, send me some good Panlong/Rainbow vibes;)

4. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I would like to leave a note here (since the game has no communication feature) for everyone that sent me gems, I might not return the gem instantly, but I'm writting down a note with all the names, and will give back ASAP. Promise. :D

5. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #5905 hookedat40, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    Hello...
    Lost track of all the crystals...but I did get peridot #2 !
    I bred my oly silver & bronze together and got another bronze. Is it true that there is no way to get gold from that pair? No luck yet with other combos that have been successful for others. I am amazed at the rate BFS is putting out new dragons but it would be nice to fix bugs like a complete list gem 'gifters'. I don't want to offend anyone by not returning gifts. Please let me know if you have gifted and I haven't returned gift...
    Happy breeding !

6. Playswithpaper

Jul 28, 2012
    I bred my Oly dragons a few times and always got the lesser of the pair. I was able to switch to Air/Quake from Blazing/Crystal to get a second gold Oly. Good luck!

7. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I like the new dragon I have already spent money on gems and have tired all combos I have breed twice or more had no luck. I have gems saved I would like to keep them for gem dragons if Icannot breed one. I always buy some gems every two weeks I just save them mostly. This one is going to be a pain like moon and sun was for me. I hope you get it soon.I hope my luck gets better too. 2000 gems is a lot for one dragon I would like to breed it not spend everything I got on one dragon.I notice the dragons get more and more expensive I love DV but I see a little greed there.

8. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I got my first seasonal dragon with butterfly 15 and moss 15 went for a second and It would not let me.Atleast I know what works for me I will just keep trying. Good Luke everyone fingers and toes crossed and will wishes for everyone to get the olys, peridot and seasonal dragons.

9. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

What's the best dragon to breed to make money?

10. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah I like it alot too, bought the habi early, but I usually do. Wish I could get one!
    FINALLY have a Peridot on the way. One of the worst things about all the fails, besides the long waits, is that most have very low selling values.

11. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    After all this time, it's still the Rainbow.

12. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    3panlongs maxed out in earth habitat generate a lot more money, but you have to collect once an hour or so. So if you can't collect at least 5 times a day, rainbow, otherwise panlong gangs. (mine fill that 75 000 about every each hour, against the rainbow's 350 K or so daily.
    (this can get worse, up to having to collect every forty-odd minutes for 20th level panlongs. Most of mine are only 15th.

F.

13. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer guys. I'm working on breeding the basic stuff still though. Waiting my Crystal hatches so I can start trying to get the peridot. I've started playing this week so I guess it will take a long time before I get that many rainbows/panlongs =p

14. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    If you are looking for a dragon to make money by selling try Air (Fire/Water) It is only 2 hrs and sells for 500,000. Other good ones are Iron for 1,150,000 and 4 hrs or Rust 1,650,000 for 6 hrs.

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Thanks dean! I guess I'm gonna breed a few airs for now then :D

16. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lucky you...unlucky me!
    So I figured I would give myself a break from all the crystal fails trying for peridot (and Olympic!) and try for a seasonal with butterfly and moss. And I get another crystal fail! :eek: It didn't even occur to me that it was a possibility.
    So frustrating! I think I need to take a break from trying for new dragons and try for the 'old' ones I am missing (or needing a second one) to complete my collection.
    I sure wish my XP wasn't going to waste...it's great that we keep getting new dragons and new habitats to go with them but I don't want to have to sell one to get a new one.
    Happy breeding!

17. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I am so sorry that worked for me there are so many combos for the seasonal and the olys. I know how you feel I have had so many crystals I went to sandbox and wrote down all combos for the new dragons I used butterfly and moss because it worked for me the frist time and it will get the olys too.I hope you have better luck coming your way.

18. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    True. If you can collect every hour, Pans are the way to go. Thanks for the reminder. There are times when I can visit frequently, but usually not, so a combo is best. I have 18 Rainbows. :D It's always a dilemma, the balance between earning $ and displaying dragons and not having enough habitats for it all.

19. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    For Seasonal blazing/plant in EBI worked for me....eventually.

20. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I now have one of each Olympus dragons, and last night managed to score both my first Peridot AND my first Seasonal (well I hope it's a seasonal!). I used butterfly and clover for the seasonal as that combo can produce Olympus dragons as well.