NyxQuest & NyxQuest HD (99c)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Sep 22, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician

NyxQuest

Over the Top Games
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing fri…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing friend Icarus. Soar over the ruins of ancient Greece and avoid falling into blazing sands or perishing in the claws of cruel harpies and hydras in this unique platforming adventure. Summon the powers of Zeus and other benevolent Gods from Olympus to cast rays, modify the scenery and control winds at your wish... NyxQuest Highlights • Beautiful visuals bring the ruins of the ancient Greek world back to life in style. • Unique mixture of classic platforming and clever puzzles like nothing that you have played on the App Store. • Get engrossed in the world of Greek mythology and uncover the story behind Nyx. • Use the powers of Zeus to cast rays to move huge objects and solve tricky puzzles. • Avoid a myriad of obstacles from scorching sands to bottomless pits. • Destroy Hades’ minions that get in your way; crush enemies using the powers of the Gods.
    Information
    Seller:Over the Top Games
    Genre:Action, Adventure, Arcade
    Release:Aug 11, 2011
    Updated:Aug 10, 2021
    Version:1.91
    Size:208.6 MB
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

NyxQuest HD

Over the Top Games
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing fri…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing friend Icarus. Soar over the ruins of ancient Greece and avoid falling into blazing sands or perishing in the claws of cruel harpies and hydras in this unique platforming adventure. Summon the powers of Zeus and other benevolent Gods from Olympus to cast rays, modify the scenery and control winds at your wish... NyxQuest HD Highlights • Beautiful high definition visuals bring the ruins of the ancient Greek world back to life in style. • Unique mixture of classic platforming and clever puzzles like nothing that you have played on the App Store. • Get engrossed in the world of Greek mythology and uncover the story behind Nyx. • Use the powers of Zeus to cast rays to move huge objects and solve tricky puzzles. • Avoid a myriad of obstacles from scorching sands to bottomless pits. • Destroy Hades’ minions that get in your way; crush enemies using the powers of the Gods.
    Information
    Seller:Over the Top Games
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Aug 11, 2011
    Updated:Mar 15, 2019
    Version:1.8
    Size:208.7 MB
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Evileggplant

Evileggplant New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    which company Developed this game? ^^

3. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Over athe Top Games
    Its in the description :/... For 99 cents for the iPad version, I think I'll bite.

4. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Time for me to upgrade my installation to HD, and re-experience the game from the beginning (I wasn't very far though.)

5. KiwiAcer

KiwiAcer Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    New Zealand
    Really enjoyed the demo of this so have picked up the full version today.

6. Ghouls'R'us

Jun 9, 2011
    This game goes for 10$US on Nintendo's Wiiware store.

This sale is practically a robbery in progress. Everyone with the slightest inclination for this style of gameplay needs to grab it while its hot!

The production values are really good for an iOS title, given its original purpose.

7. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Is it one of those platformer games that you beat once and never go back to again? I mean, I know it's only 99c, but with all the new apps that I have on my iPhone...

8. Ghouls'R'us

Jun 9, 2011
    This one, by design, doesn't hold that much replayability. Still, it's such a well-constructed title that I would personally be inclined to revisit it once every few months, even if the levels by then hold no mystery.

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This has become one of my favorite games on my iPad2. Kudos to the devs!

10. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Already have so many games on backlog and I am really stingy with every 0,79€ but I am glad I got this.

Very polished, starts slowly so it is easy to get accustomed too, but offers some challenge later. Neither a fan of onscreen controls and hate most ios jump&runs, but this just struck a chord.

11. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    bought the ipad verson.