Galactic Conflict - Real-Time Strategy (RTS), Single & Multiplayer: March 14

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MarkFromBitmenStudios, Mar 7, 2013.

1. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    Hello guys,

on Thursday 14, we are going to release Galactic Conflict RTS, a large-scale real-time strategy (RTS) game for iOS. It was explicitly developed for the iPad but also works well on the iPhone and after almost 2 years in development (and beta), we're happy to release it to the AppStore.

Here's the Official Trailer:

A few facts about the game:
    • Competitive "true" RTS game set in a SciFi space environment.
    • Comprehensive tutorial introducing gameplay and units.
    • Single player campaign (12 missions).
    • Skirmish against the AI (4 difficulty settings).
    • Online synchronous multiplayer (ranked, 1v1, 2v2, via Game Center).
    • Two distinct factions with their own play style, tech tree, ships, voice acting, music, etc.
    • Large space fleets (200 max supply) for some epic battles.
    • 26 different ships ranging from small but nimble fighters, corvettes, frigates to gigantic capital ships.
    • Balanced Gameplay (we'll continue tweaking based on stats we collect and your feedback).

I'm a huge RTS fan myself and it's pretty sad that this genre is so underrepresented on the AppStore when the iPad is actually such a great platform for RTS games. Galactic Conflict is the first game that brings PC scale RTS to iOS.

We'll also constantly work on the game balance after release since it is pretty essential for multiplayer. Almost all balancing aspects can be controlled without any need of Apple review so we can really fine-tune balance as needed.

That's the good news, now the bad news. :p

Hardware Requirements: iPad2+, iPhone4+, iPod Touch 5 Gen

There's a lot going on in the game with strikecraft dogfighting or doing bomber passes, players being able to build big space fleets with lots of ships so I'm sorry but we can't support older devices on that scale.

You can find screenshots and more information about the game (like detailled info on all ships in the game) at http://galactic.bitmen-studios.com.

Hope I can have a multiplayer match with some of you guys once it will be out, beta games have been a heck of fun but now we need fresh meat. :D

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
    Mark.

2. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #2 K0N3, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    WOW!!! THIS LOOKS EPIC...Definately a day one purchase from me :D

Just a quick question...when you say ":eek: Large space fleets (200 max supply) for some epic battles :eek:", does that mean 200 units on screen at once or 200 units under your command?? If the answer is the latter, then how many units can be on-screen at once??

This is top of my wish list for March 14th!!

3. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    That looks really nice!

4. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    Thanks guys, it means a lot to me. :)

Well, each space ship takes up some supply, fighter class ships take up 1 supply, corvettes 2, etc., so the number of ships you can have depends on the types of ships (bigger ships use up more supply).

Whether all ships are visible on screen at once depends on where the individual players send them and where you are looking. Theoretically, on a 4 player game, each player can have 200 fighter class ships (fighters, bombers, laser fighters) which would total 800 ships but that's not realistic as you'd have bigger ships too or lose ships before reaching max supply.

It's a bit comparable to other PC RTS games like Starcraft, where you can also have 200 max supply if you've played any of those.

5. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #5 K0N3, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks for the reply... So theoretically you COULD have upto 800 units on-screen at once in a four player game IF everyone spawned 1 unit ships... Wow, for a mobile phone that is a truely amazing feat...

I'm even more excited now... :D

Just a couple more questions if I may... How much is this game going to cost? Is there any IAP? I don't mind IAP as long as it's for only extras/addons ie, new maps, new units etc, with a reasonable pricing scheme (remember we're in a recession lol :D)